Ryan Day - A Great Coach

Yah-E

Bulieve
Reaction score
I just finished watching Coach Day’s presser for our game, I must say, he’s a great coach! His demeanor, his outlook on things, and how humbled he is…all top class!

The amount of pressure he faces year in and year out to win has to be through the roof every day. I kind of feel bad when he looses this game but man I do like him as a coach.

He’s just like PJ, great to listen to. Wish their team the best, but may the best team win! LETS GOOOO!

try and get the game to 4th quarter and find a way to win

what stands about Minnesota:

veteran team with a lot of experience
top ten team in nation two years ago
lot of guys on that team are back, certainly the qb, and rb a very good player
very, very well coached
play hard, take care of football, fundamentally sound, make you earn it
on road going into their place, first game of year are concerns

Mo:

built low to ground, breaks tackles, first weekend of college football lot of missed tackles and explosive plays, spent time on tackling in preseason
runs hard, his oline gets movement

I could probably win a few games as HC at Ohio State. But I would be light years behind guys like Day.

It's a weird thing where guys in these programs nobody knows what to think of for a while, but I think we can say Day is a great coach now.

Nebraska has found that maintaining momentum of a top team is by no means assured.

try and get the game to 4th quarter and find a way to win

what stands about Minnesota:

veteran team with a lot of experience
top ten team in nation two years ago
lot of guys on that team are back, certainly the qb, and rb a very good player
very, very well coached
play hard, take care of football, fundamentally sound, make you earn it
on road going into their place, first game of year are concerns

Mo:

built low to ground, breaks tackles, first weekend of college football lot of missed tackles and explosive plays, spent time on tackling in preseason
runs hard, his oline gets movement

Sounds like Ryan Day is lurking GH. Basically a summary of GH's reasons for optimism this year.

Thankfully he spared the hand-wringing over playcalling, kicking, defensive play, vaccination, and sloganeering.

I have zero disrespect for Ohio State football. I think that is because I hate Michigan so much and OSU was the only team that could compete year in and year out with them when I was growing up. Now Michigan is a joke, and OSU is the BIG's best shot a national title. I like them, but they will learn to be second tier behind The U.

I have zero disrespect for Ohio State football. I think that is because I hate Michigan so much and OSU was the only team that could compete year in and year out with them when I was growing up. Now Michigan is a joke, and OSU is the BIG's best shot a national title. I like them, but they will learn to be second tier behind The U.
I hate Michigan football with a passion also!

We'll kind of see how he does over time. I do feel like he's still driving the machine that Urban built.

Ryann Day is a very good coach. He is in an advantageous position with the coaching resources and assembled talent at his disposal.

Regardless of the outcome, this is a win-win situation for PJ Fleck and his Gophers. What a great PR and recruiting opportunity!

It is talent versus experience.

The Gophers do have some team speed and more depth at key positions. Is this enough to outlast a team that is three-deep in incredible talent? The Gophers will earn some respect.

Go Gophers!

We'll kind of see how he does over time. I do feel like he's still driving the machine that Urban built.
There is an element of truth in that but you could also say Chryst is driving the machine Barry Alvarez built at Wisconsin.

Ohio State has been on a pretty amazing 20 year run so it goes well beyond Urban and Day. That program is just playing on a different level than everyone else in the Big Ten and has been for quite some time. Maintaining that level of success isn't easy but so far Day has proven to be up to the task.

Day gets discredited way too often for this. His teams have not had a letdown game yet, which Urban seemed to be prone to - 2017 Iowa, 2018 Purdue, etc. He is also recruiting at a higher level than Urban did. Certainly he wouldn't have stepped into most programs and gone 27-2 in 2 years but it's time he starts getting credit for his work, not Urban.

Ryan Day seems like a very solid coach and doesn't seem to have that lace of arrogance.

But one thing I've learned this week is PJ will be able to beat him if he simply changes our defensive front from even to odd (or vice versa). That way, much of what Ryan Day game planned for offensively is tossed out the window.

Ryan Day seems like a very solid coach and doesn't seem to have that lace of arrogance.

But one thing I've learned this week is PJ will be able to beat him if he simply changes our defensive front from even to odd (or vice versa). That way, much of what Ryan Day game planned for offensively is tossed out the window.
+1

We should definitely line up in the formation that makes him throw out half his game plan after the first play. I don't know why more teams don't do that.

Top Bottom