? RV Parking Close to TCF Stadium Purdue vs Gophers

B

brdgopherfan

We are looking for the possibility of RV parking close to TCF on Homecomming. I have been told that there is RV Parking for the season and reserve ticket holders? I have visited with a few friends who are season ticket holders and they believe that you have to purchase a RV site for the entire year. I've been to a number of other stadiums in the Big 10 and found the same, except for an option of a private home owner who would allow a unit in their yard, or driveway. We are open to anything, we just want to be close to the stadium and the rest. Looking for anything... ideas, location... Oh and we are not season ticket holders (yet).... I got our tickets via family friends down Indiana way.

We live in the Brainerd area, absolute crazy about college football... Finally - we can watch Gopher Football where it should have stayed... OUTSIDE... heaven on earth...

Anyone... ?

Dew

We are looking for the possibility of RV parking close to TCF on Homecomming. I have been told that there is RV Parking for the season and reserve ticket holders? I have visited with a few friends who are season ticket holders and they believe that you have to purchase a RV site for the entire year. I've been to a number of other stadiums in the Big 10 and found the same, except for an option of a private home owner who would allow a unit in their yard, or driveway. We are open to anything, we just want to be close to the stadium and the rest. Looking for anything... ideas, location... Oh and we are not season ticket holders (yet).... I got our tickets via family friends down Indiana way.

We live in the Brainerd area, absolute crazy about college football... Finally - we can watch Gopher Football where it should have stayed... OUTSIDE... heaven on earth...

Anyone... ?

Dew

Welcome to the board!

There is only one very small RV lot controlled by the U near TCF. Unfortunately you need A) a season pass and B) to pony up some dough as the lots close to TCF all require a basic level of donation (in this case, I believe it was $1000). Privately owned parking is hard to come by near TCF and I'd bet that private parking lots capable of handling RV's would be even tougher.

All the U owned single game RV parking is on the St. Paul campus lots which obviously doesn't meet your desire to be near TCF (which you should probably be willing to sacrifice since I doubt you'll be able to find a place to do it).

If this thread doesn't garner any leads, I'd check back in once the season starts. I think everyone will have a better idea of what is available near TCF once the games actually start. Also, if you could have your season ticket holding friends do some sleuthing of their own for you that probably wouldn't hurt.

RV

Thanks for the assistance... I will visit with my season ticket buds and see if they have any further ideas... keep me posted if you hear of anything...

dew

brdgopherfan- Not that this will help you, but, I have a spot in the RV lot and parked in it last Saturday. I thought I would clear up somethings that were not quite right in goAUpher's post First let me way it is not "very small". Truth is, although I understand that only about 30 RV passes were sold the lot is actually very spacious. They park all the RV's around the perimeter either backing or driving to the outside boundries, The middle of the lot is probably about the size of a football field and open to allow for easy manuvering. Second, he is right that you need to buy a season pass to park in this lot. But it came as quite a suprise to me that it did not require the $1000 donation, it costs $525 for the year or $75 per game.

If you absolutely need to park you RV within view of the stadium I think you'll have to ask someone to walk around the lot and ask each RVer if they plan to be there that game. Ifyou find someone who plans to miss that game offer them $$$ for their pass.

Otherwise give up on the "seeing the stadium" thing and just park in St. Paul. I thing tht it could be really happening over there. The shuttle between that lot and the stadium is less than 5 minutes. Really very slick.

Good luck.

brdgopherfan- Not that this will help you, but, I have a spot in the RV lot and parked in it last Saturday. I thought I would clear up somethings that were not quite right in goAUpher's post First let me way it is not "very small". Truth is, although I understand that only about 30 RV passes were sold the lot is actually very spacious. They park all the RV's around the perimeter either backing or driving to the outside boundries, The middle of the lot is probably about the size of a football field and open to allow for easy manuvering. Second, he is right that you need to buy a season pass to park in this lot. But it came as quite a suprise to me that it did not require the $1000 donation, it costs $525 for the year or $75 per game.

If you absolutely need to park you RV within view of the stadium I think you'll have to ask someone to walk around the lot and ask each RVer if they plan to be there that game. Ifyou find someone who plans to miss that game offer them $$$ for their pass.

Otherwise give up on the "seeing the stadium" thing and just park in St. Paul. I thing tht it could be really happening over there. The shuttle between that lot and the stadium is less than 5 minutes. Really very slick.

Good luck.

I should clarify that by small I meant the number of passes, not the size (I can't picture the lot for the life of me to be honest). Originally it was only supposed to be 15 passes, so 30 is quite an improvement actually! I'm also surprised by the donation thing. Originally it was listed as a $1000 spot and thereafter no donation was noted but you were told to call the ticket office. As a result, I made the (poor) assumption that the larger donation was still in place.

Some of the ticket holders in my group and I have batted around the idea of buying a short bus and outfitting it for tailgating. We gave up on the idea for now for several reasons, but one primary reason was that we thought we were priced out of the RV lot. The $525 you list might put the lot back in reach for the future, so I really appreciate the correction go4nut!

thanks... great insite in the cost... I will do what I can... downside - we live in Brainerd and have no access to come down to ask around... do you know of anyone that might not be at this game Purdue vs MN? I know in WI, they allowed private homeowners to do the same... $ for a spot... any ideas there?

dew

[email protected]

Top Bottom