Rutgers PG de-commit Shane Rector on radar?

gopherMD

Reaction score
Gopherillustrated posted that 3 star point guard Shane Rector who recently de-committed from Rutgers following coach Mike Rice's firing has been contacted by the Gophers. Rector would fill a need at back-up point guard. Unclear how this would affect Tyus Jones' status.

Recruiting is too big of a topic for one thread IMHO.

Here's an interesting highlight video of Shane Rector head to head against FIU commit Daquein McNeil.

Given just that highlight tape, McNeil seems like the better athlete...maybe Rector is a more natural pg.

Thanks for the info/video: Shane has good handles, stays low, and goes R/L with ease and speedy. Has some serious hops...what's not to like?

Wouldn't affect Tyus in any way, shape or form.
+2 Why would it? Like Tyus wouldn't be good enough to play before him and we better not look at another point guard. Kind of like the Corey Joseph fiasco. I want as many possibe point guards as we can get, unless none of them can shoot.

This concept of recruiting a true point guard is totally foreign to me. I haven't seen it in the last 6 years!!

Then you haven't paid attention to Gopher recruiting the last 6 years.

It would be nice to have a guy who can actually handle the ball. I would agree with EG#9, McNeil looks like the better "get" of the two (simply based on these highlights). However, I'd be happy with Rector.

Top Bottom