Rutgers game tickets?

fippled

Reaction score
I am planning on going to the game on Saturday. Will I be able to get cheap tickets off the street? I will need 3 or 4.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

There were plenty of seats available for the Iowa game and Rutgers is not Iowa even if it is homecoming. I am buying off the street this weekend. Cheaper tickets and no surcharge.

Should not be a problem. Expect to pay $10-$15 each for 3 or 4 together. Otherwise spend $5 for a single to just get in the door. Scalpers try to make it seem like every game is the game of the year. Don't buy into their BS. There is almost no demand for this game.

Sure am glad I spend $500 on Season Tickets.

Glad somebody else asked about this...and thanks for the replies, peeps. Coming into town for my first home game since moving (and giving up my season tickets!) 3+ years ago. Prices online have been crazy at $50+ for garbage seats. Guess I'll deal with the lovely scalpers on game day...

Glad somebody else asked about this...and thanks for the replies, peeps. Coming into town for my first home game since moving (and giving up my season tickets!) 3+ years ago. Prices online have been crazy at $50+ for garbage seats. Guess I'll deal with the lovely scalpers on game day...

Don't ask the scalpers what they got...tell them what you'll pay. They will then tell you an insane price that they want for a crappy seat and whatever you do, don't react to it. They'll act like you are crazy and then when you walk away...that's when they will magically find something that works. Don't mouth off to them though, then they won't sell to you. I've had that happen a few times when I've laughed at their quoted prices.

If you are willing to miss kickoff- you could get into this game for almost nothing.

Have two in sec 238 15 yard line. Can't make it. Free for the first person that sends me a pm.

Bayfield. I would love your tickets if still available. LC

You are a good man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One reason I love GopherHole. Great fans who care more about other real fans getting tickets than making a quick buck. Thanks, Bayfield!

Should not be a problem. Expect to pay $10-$15 each for 3 or 4 together. Otherwise spend $5 for a single to just get in the door. Scalpers try to make it seem like every game is the game of the year. Don't buy into their BS. There is almost no demand for this game.

Sure am glad I spend $500 on Season Tickets.

Are they really that cheap? Even student tickets are $20.

Are they really that cheap? Even student tickets are $20.

I''m guessing they won't be quite that cheap. Probably $15 for singles and $20-30 for pairs. I would buy from fans instead of scalpers. Wait for under 15 minutes or less to game time. At Iowa game, it was hard to give tickets away.

What we need is a certified gopher fan database that identifies true gopher fans so we can know we're giving our tickets to real fans. I'd be more likely to give tickets to those folks.

We should also consider some critical questions for those fans such as if they've ever supported Claeys as a head coach... and their views on mediocrity.

Don't ask the scalpers what they got...tell them what you'll pay. They will then tell you an insane price that they want for a crappy seat and whatever you do, don't react to it. They'll act like you are crazy and then when you walk away...that's when they will magically find something that works. Don't mouth off to them though, then they won't sell to you. I've had that happen a few times when I've laughed at their quoted prices.

If you are willing to miss kickoff- you could get into this game for almost nothing.
Pretty much exactly what I have experienced. The best deals are when a season ticket holder has an extra or two (not a scalper) and just doesn;t want to eat it/them. They feel good because they didn't totally eat it, and you feel good because you got a good deal. On occasion people will just give tickets away. That's what I do with my UNLV tix when the wife and/or daughter does not want to attend. I try to give them to young families. It feels good to be generous.:)

Just a heads-up to those who usually buy tickets on the street. Me and a friend did so this weekend after finding surprisingly high prices on reselling sites and Craigslist in advance. We showed up early and found a couple scalpers doing brisk business about 15 min prior to kickoff, and they sold us two singles for $20 each -- about what we expected to pay. Unfortunately, when we got to the stadium entrance we were denied entrance. The people scanning the tickets directed us to the ticket office, as they figured the bar codes were just too blurry. Turns out the tickets were actually bought that morning with a stolen credit card and quickly invalidated by the ticket office in a span of just an hour or two. Fortunately for my buddy and me, the ticket office manager working that day was VERY understanding and actually comped us two very good seats in 212. He said it happens more than you'd think, even at Gophers games, so you buy at your own risk or ask the scalper to accompany you to the gate to ensure you can enter (like that would ever happen, lol!). I'm guessing this scam got a ton of people Saturday, as we saw another guy providing a description to a couple police officers when we went looking for the guys a few minutes later.

I know this kind of crap happens everywhere, so I wasn't shocked. A little surprised about it at a Gophers-Rutgers game, but not shocked. Just giving people a heads-up. The ticket office was amazing, and we were extremely grateful and emailed them our thanks immediately after the game. We cheered hard and spent plenty of money on beer and concessions, so I hope we were able to pay the U back in some small way for the kindness. I'm a former season ticket holder who moved a few years ago, so this was my first home game in a long while. What could've been a very unpleasant experience with a scalper turned into a fabulous day in beautiful weather watching a Gophers win.

Just a heads-up to those who usually buy tickets on the street. Me and a friend did so this weekend after finding surprisingly high prices on reselling sites and Craigslist in advance. We showed up early and found a couple scalpers doing brisk business about 15 min prior to kickoff, and they sold us two singles for $20 each -- about what we expected to pay. Unfortunately, when we got to the stadium entrance we were denied entrance. The people scanning the tickets directed us to the ticket office, as they figured the bar codes were just too blurry. Turns out the tickets were actually bought that morning with a stolen credit card and quickly invalidated by the ticket office in a span of just an hour or two. Fortunately for my buddy and me, the ticket office manager working that day was VERY understanding and actually comped us two very good seats in 212. He said it happens more than you'd think, even at Gophers games, so you buy at your own risk or ask the scalper to accompany you to the gate to ensure you can enter (like that would ever happen, lol!). I'm guessing this scam got a ton of people Saturday, as we saw another guy providing a description to a couple police officers when we went looking for the guys a few minutes later.

I know this kind of crap happens everywhere, so I wasn't shocked. A little surprised about it at a Gophers-Rutgers game, but not shocked. Just giving people a heads-up. The ticket office was amazing, and we were extremely grateful and emailed them our thanks immediately after the game. We cheered hard and spent plenty of money on beer and concessions, so I hope we were able to pay the U back in some small way for the kindness. I'm a former season ticket holder who moved a few years ago, so this was my first home game in a long while. What could've been a very unpleasant experience with a scalper turned into a fabulous day in beautiful weather watching a Gophers win.

I always ask if we can take a photo with the guy selling the tickets before we go. If they say no, walk away.

I wonder if the tix office would comp those who were scammed by Teague?

Top Bottom