Rutgers fires OC

swingman

Reaction score

Gophers yet to face two new in-season head coaches a new in-season OC, and a new in-season DC.

We'll see how it plays out with Brian. I'm guessing he will be with the team throughtout the season. Not sure if pa pa would let him go even after the season.
If you listen to KF comments there are no issues with the offense, the team won 10 games last year and he sees no benefit in making changes in staff or personnel. BF job is about as safe as can be as long as Daddy is in charge of the Hawks.

I can see KF announcing he will retire at the end of the season and they just let the coaching staff play it out.

I can see KF announcing he will retire at the end of the season and they just let the coaching staff play it out.
He is at the age (67) where he could choose to hang it up pretty much anytime. Just wonder if he would want to go out on a low note. They are almost certain to drop to 3-4 in two weeks when they take on Ohio State so just getting to bowl eligibility will not be a sure thing given how terrible their offense is.

That said, if the department were to give him some sort of ultimatum in regards to his son that might motivate him to hang it up as opposed to having to fire his kid.

If you listen to KF comments there are no issues with the offense, the team won 10 games last year and he sees no benefit in making changes in staff or personnel. BF job is about as safe as can be as long as Daddy is in charge of the Hawks.
If the season were to take a worse turn for Iowa and they don’t make a bowl game, I wouldn’t think it out of the question for them to fire KF if he refuses to make a change with BF. What does KF’s contract look like? How many years does he have left on his current deal?

If the season were to take a worse turn for Iowa and they don’t make a bowl game, I wouldn’t think it out of the question for them to fire KF if he refuses to make a change with BF. What does KF’s contract look like? How many years does he have left on his current deal?
No clue on the contract part but I don't think an assistant coach contract would ever keep them from getting fired as most are only for a year or 2 tops. The real question would be if the AD would have the guts to force KF to fire his son.

Iowa fans are just embarrassed by the joke their offense has become and the fact that KF doesn't seem to think there is an issue (at least based on the comments he makes publicly). Right now it feels like KF is falling back on the 10 win season last year but if this season goes off the rails and they miss a bowl with their pathetic offense something will have to change.

Been a fun year seeing all the turmoil in Wisconsin, Iowa, and Nebraska.... :)

No clue on the contract part but I don't think an assistant coach contract would ever keep them from getting fired as most are only for a year or 2 tops. The real question would be if the AD would have the guts to force KF to fire his son.

Iowa fans are just embarrassed by the joke their offense has become and the fact that KF doesn't seem to think there is an issue (at least based on the comments he makes publicly). Right now it feels like KF is falling back on the 10 win season last year but if this season goes off the rails and they miss a bowl with their pathetic offense something will have to change.

Been a fun year seeing all the turmoil in Wisconsin, Iowa, and Nebraska.... :)
I bet they give KF an ultimatum to fire his son or retire. How can they not? How many more years does KF have in him anyways?

Yeah when you get lucky with being +217 in turnovers, you don’t need much of an offense.

Top Bottom