Rutgers' Abdul Smith says he may transfer to Minnesota

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this article on SuperPrep.com:

Abdul Smith decided to transfer out of Rutgers University about a week ago and hasn’t found any problems finding schools that are interested in bringing him on as a transfer.

Abdul Smith left the Rutgers program a week ago and let Scout.com know on Tuesday night that he already has a final five in terms of which schools he will be transferring to.

“It’s down to Minnesota, Colorado, Temple, Villanova and East Carolina right now,” Smith said. “I’m just waiting on the offers from Minnesota and ECU right now, but I have offers from the rest of them. Everything just has to clear with all five schools with paperwork, but I’ll have all five when it comes to decide.”

Smith is going to try and make his decision in the next week or two. If he were to go to Villanova he could play right away, but if he went to any other school he would have to sit out a year. He did already use his red-shirt year at Rutgers, so he would have three years of FBS eligibility left after sitting out a year.

http://minnesota.scout.com/2/977660.html

Go Gophers!!

Smith is a 6-0, 190lb DB from PA who originally had offers from Auburn, BC, Penn State, Wisconsin, Colordao, Iowa, Pitt, etc.

Go Gophers!!

Offers from Iowa, Wisc, Penn St, Pitt and Auburn? Get that kid a uniform.

From his 2009 info on Scout: Smith: "I know the game really well. I love watching tape and studying game film. I'm a true student of the game.

"I'm a great athlete too and know which angles to take and which cuts to take. I'm an all-around type player, but I played mostly quarterback and safety, so I need to get better at corner. I want to work on my back pedal and my footwork. I'd like to get faster too."

"I’m just waiting on the offers from Minnesota..."

What's the delay? Get this man an offer, pronto.

Get him in Brew!!! Looks like he would fit in real nice with Watkins and Manuel for a nice trio at safety for the next few years.

I really hope this works out. Brew has a nice habit of finding guys to replace transfers-flunkers-etc..

I got a bit of a chuckle at this one. I'm ok with being a used car lot as long as they're all 'vettes. Get him a scholly.

Exactly. I'd take a use BMW M3 versus a brand new Ford Focus. Depends on what used cars we're getting.

That kid was looked at highly out of HS - can't hurt to give him a shot.

I dare you say that to Beal's face.

You mean he might assault me? Punch me? Strike me with a 2 x 4? Attack me in a rage and roar off on his scooter? Why I thought the University of MN FB team was currently represented only by gentlemen of the highest grade and quality?!

You mean he might assault me? Punch me? Strike me with a 2 x 4? Attack me in a rage and roar off on his scooter? Why I thought the University of MN FB team was currently represented only by gentlemen of the highest grade and quality?!

Thanks for proving you are an uninformed troll.

Move along now.

I really hope we get this kid, he looks like he would be a great pickup in a position of need. I am really starting to like where our team is headed on the defensive side of the ball. I think the next few years we will see some of the best defenses we have seen in a long long time.

On a side tangent here, but does anyone else find it mildly amusing what trolls decide there screen name to be. The thought process that must go into it is pretty funny/pathetic, especially when they try to come off as a gopher fan in the name but just can't quite commit fully to it so they add something stupid at the end

On a side tangent here, but does anyone else find it mildly amusing what trolls decide there screen name to be. The thought process that must go into it is pretty funny/pathetic, especially when they try to come off as a gopher fan in the name but just can't quite commit fully to it so they add something stupid at the end

Slight correction...I'm pretty sure all of the trolls here are really either one person or several poorly adjusted individuals that get their thrills by posing as debbie downer Gophers fans. It's a sad indictment of human existence!

Always good to lose oneto Temple...

Smith went to the Temple Owls

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Smith went to the Temple Owls

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I do not believe we ever cleared him for an offer. Good luck to him though.

Top Bottom