Rushing onto the Field

We don't care about those who are out, who's in for rushing the field?

If we win:

1. Students Rush the field
2. Get that pig
3. Leave through the tunnel as a mob
4. March the pig all the way down Washington Ave to his new home on campus with band accompaniment

yea right like you guys will charge the feild

yea right like you guys will charge the feild

Are you an Iowa or Becky fan? If so, learn to spell.

If you are a Gopher fan, why the skepticism? Also if that is the case, then I can assume it was a typo.

Im the biggest gopher fan u will ever know:D man

I only have one thing to ask of the police if Iowa wins: Mace and mace often...

rushing the field info

I would like to rush the field and rip the goal post down. I have however spoken to my peeps in the Minneapolis police force. the following points are to be considered.

1. expect pepper spray if your the lead man or two.
2. Alcohol on the breath will get you in jail until Monday morning. Minor ticket if applicable.
3. If you assault a yellow jacket, you will be "not loving life" on the way up the tunnel to the wagon.
4. Let a dumb ass take the front line and when the yellow jackets and heat back off, stay in the middle and pretend your one of those little fish when the sharks show up...
5. don't hang around and act like a deranged idiot. Have your fun and leave. DON'T GO UP THE TUNNEL.
6. They expect something and will be prepared.
7. everything is on video.
8. the last thing anyone wants is somebody to get hurt. This should be an semi controlled event...look happy not like some Taliban rushing up a hill only to be dismissed by our special foces.

In no way does Gopherjay endorse or encourage tearing down the goal post or rushing the field.

They're gonna be uber-heinous about the whole thing and shut it down before it gets started.

But, if it happens, I will tip my cap to ALL involved!

I would advise against ruching the field

two reasons - field rushing is for when you win it all - it has become too common place - what purpose would rushing the filed do? - are you going to rip up some field turf for a momento? save rushing the field for when we win it all - next year

also I do remember pretty vividly when the Iowa fans stormed the field a few years ago when they won the Big ten title while many of them got away with it there were quite a few that also felt the wrath of Minneapolis's finest - I'm sure their experience was painful -

I also remember them taking down the goal posts and trying to leave with them through the revolving doors - NICE!!

Please rush the field

That would be AWESOME. Have Gopher fans ever rushed the field at the Dome? It's not about an upset (I think we should beat Iowa) it's about winning the game and leaving the Dome in style with great Gopher fans celebrating on the field.

I really hope this happens on Saturday and major props to those of you who are trying to organize this for Saturday.

Bring Floyd home!

I'm 38 years old and will be with a group of 6. All the guys are about my age. If the students go, we're all hopping down there. I could care less if someone thinks this is for college kids only. To hell with that! I've been a fan my whole life. I'm entitled to enjoy this first hand. This field NEEDS to be rushed!

This is great, we seem like we are getting a ton of momentum together here. Lets keep it going- everyone spread the word!

im talking to a bunch of my friends and they are talking to a bunch of their friends. as of right now we've got about 25-30 students to join in. that number will grow.

Hey guys, I started a facebook group in hopes that we can spread the word on facebook. If this thing is going to be possible, we'll need to get the word out to the students as best we can. Facebook newsfeeds spread like wildfire. If anyone has friends at the U who are football fans, please join this group and invite your friends. I know this is not exactly a dignified way of accomplishing this, but it might be the only way. Here is the link:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=34796154871

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hey guys, I started a facebook group in hopes that we can spread the word on facebook. If this thing is going to be possible, we'll need to get the word out to the students as best we can. Facebook newsfeeds spread like wildfire. If anyone has friends at the U who are football fans, please join this group and invite your friends. I know this is not exactly a dignified way of accomplishing this, but it might be the only way. Here is the link:

I hope you have the chance to do this and I hope the cops are not going to freak out on you. There is no reason to freak out on students who want to do this. How horrible to have people jump up and down for joy!! If it is the Iowa students doing it...freak out cops, freak out.

Ahh silly naive students. You do realize that administrators/ enforcement types actually look at facebook too right? By putting a group on there, and describing your plans, all you will be doing is tipping anyone who wants to stop you off to your plans.

Security is going to be absolutely massive for this game. I feel sorry for the fisrt few people to try rushing the field because they are gonna get destroyed. But you know if a weekend in jail and getting pepper sprayed is worth it to you, don't let me sitting and watching and laughing get in your way...

Is it the U that puts up so much security or the Metro Sports Facilities Commission? If it's the MSFC I can kind of understand where they are coming from, they don't want any damage to their property.

"Let the drunks in front take out the guards."

Good idea MnBoiler. After the Gophers win, convince the Iowa fans around you that THEY won. They'll charge the field, take the mace, beatings and arrests, and you can follow them down.

Problem solved !;)

good luck

I was in the front row of the student section for the Purdue OT game a couple years ago. In OT there were many people trying to get a big mob to rush the field. Everyone was pretty excited.

Once we won though, the first couple people over the railing got the living crap kicked out of them--ferocious beat downs. That was pretty much the end of the field rushing efforts.

So good luck everybody. Just remember, don't be the first one over the rail.

I'll be watching the gopher victory/ferocious beat downs from the upper deck where poor alumni/law students/grad students who love the gophers but don't care for students who arrive in the second quarter, yell about not being able to sit in "their" seat, and subsequently leave at halftime. plus after 5 years of student tickets (zero of which afford me any gopher points), I needed to make sure I had a seat secured in the Taj MaGoph.

go gophers.

all lead the charge im sitting in the student sec now. So im in now for it

if we lose

i hope that, if we lose, minnesota fans will still be on the field to knock the (bleep) out of any overall-wearing, corn chewing, likes-to-wrestle-with-other-men iowans when they rush the field and try to pull down the goalpost.

Let's worry about Iowa first

Let's beat the hogeyes, be it by 40 or 1. Then and only then, will storming the field be justified. This game does not need to have national implications, it is the last game of an era - crappy as it has been at times - and storming the field would be a good way to put an exclamation at the end of the dome-stint!

Good luck to all but we need to get the win first. I will not be rushing the field as I do not want to get arrested....again

What did you get arrested for, walleyedude.........poaching???

I was arrested in Iowa last year for having a few too many. I made it in to Kinnick, just not the part where you see any of the action. I don't want it to happen this year but a win would make that field awfully tempting...

Dude, you've been in the Kinnick holding cell... I'm sure you'll be getting onto the dome turf tomorrow.

What did you get arrested for, walleyedude.........poaching???

Putting a beating down on a Gopherhole Junior Member :)

I don't catch nearly enough fish to have a chance to poach.

Top Bottom