Rushing onto the Field

Golden Goofer

Reaction score
I understand that the dome has a small army of yellow jackets. But who's in? Any student section members here? That's where we need to start it.

I'm definitely down for this (provided we are winning of course). Last game at the Dome, we really should do everything possible to rush the field. My plan is to move down into the student section in the 4th Q and attempt to convince the drunken students to join me.

I'd be more than willing to lead a student rush onto the field. All those officers with mace and zip-ties can't take all of us, can they?

The winning part certainly goes without saying. I've got a group of about 9 people. We're all going to move to the student section in the 4th and hop onto the field. We'll also be talking to students to try and get as many of them as we can as well. Who else is in?

Nope, all the yellow jackets are ages 50+. There's no way they can take us if we make a good, collective effort.

isn't there quite a bit of a drop off from the fence to the turf??

Its probably 8-10 feet or so down to the turf. Not too bad. Theres also a staircase by the student section that all the recruits use to get down to the field and back. Usually there's an old guy manning that station.

By section 116 there are the stairs.. because of the handicapped people who sit in front, I'd recommend everyone in section 116 to NOT jump over our disabled friends

I'm usually near the front of the student section, and my group would be ready at a moment's notice to storm the field.

My only concern is that the security people conjure up an army of guards with a couple minutes left.

This is all provided we win, of course.

"Usually there's an old guy manning that station."

We call him Ol' Oak. I don't see him risking life and limb to stop a wave of Maroon and Gold from hitting the field. Seriously though, if you drop one more f-bomb, he'll kick you out.

I'm in. I've got about 8-10 alums in section 125 that I'll convince to join me.

I was at the Michigan game in '03 and by the third quarter they doubled the security by the student section. With the hog fans in town you can bet security will atleast be doubled if not tripled. That being said, if we get Floyd back I will join the rush!

rushing field

I always found rushing the field alright, as long as your a college aged student. A little weird if you don't go to the school or older than 25. I made fun of the 30 and 40 something Iowa fans for charging onto the field and trying to take the goal posts. Maybe instead of rushing onto the field we better worry about keeping the Hogeye fans from doing the same thing they did after winning the B10 at the dome a couple years back.

No room for negative comments on this thread Spinelessdr. If you don't want to rush, feel free to enjoy the view. But don't discourage the rest of us from doing so. Thanks buddy!

I've been to countless Gopher games in the Dome. I've seen good wins and heartbreaking losses. I've always been wishing that we had the opportunity to rush that field to no avail. I'll be damned if I'm not getting on that field this weekend.

If the whole student section rushes, there is nothing they can do to stop us.

I generally am not all about rushing the field unless it is a huge upset or a championship.

However, this being the last game in the dome it is totally called for and I will gladly join in.

Count me in, and I'm sure my guys will join me. Once a few of us go, the whole student section will follow.

I will not rush the field this weekend for the following reasons.

1) It should be reserved for college aged kids, not middle aged rubes like me. The most pathetic thing I ever witnessed was the 40 year old Iowa fans with beer belly's jumping to the turf in 2002 and running around.

2) I only believe in rushing the field if you score a HUGE upset or win a championship. Beating a mediocre Iowa team for 4th place in the conference wouldn't qualify.

That's just me though...to each his own.

We might not be able to

At the Michigan game my father and i were standing next to some cops outside the metrodome for the victory walk and they were saying the iowa game is going to be crawling with security and police.

They expect something for this game.

I HATE IOWA!!!!!!!

First we have the visiting team being Iowa and all their weird fans, and the debacle the last time they were here. With this being a huge game and the fact it is the last Gopher game in the dome I would expect more security than we have ever seen for a Gopher game.

I am all for rushing if we win and even joining Iowa if we lose. The pent up 27 years of emotion is reason enough. I, however, don't think I will be joining you. I'm not 40, but rushing the field with a 19 month old would probably be wrong.

I will not rush the field this weekend for the following reasons.

1) It should be reserved for college aged kids, not middle aged rubes like me. The most pathetic thing I ever witnessed was the 40 year old Iowa fans with beer belly's jumping to the turf in 2002 and running around.

2) I only believe in rushing the field if you score a HUGE upset or win a championship. Beating a mediocre Iowa team for 4th place in the conference wouldn't qualify.

That's just me though...to each his own.

i agree with point #2. it may be a rivalry, but charging the field looks bush league when the game has little national implications.

I understand if the old rubes don't want to rush the field; and same for anyone bringing a child. And it is correct that rushing the field should be reserved for few occasions. Among those occasions are HUGE upsets and championships. But there is at least one more occasion that should be reserved for rushing the field.....

Winning our 8th game in a season when our expectations were fairly low against Iowa in the last of the 27 years worth of games played in the Metrodome!! This is happening!!

I rushed the court when Purdue beat Wisconsin last year to signal Purdue basketball is back. It was a great moment alot of fun. You go over that railing and run to the middle of the field next thing you know you are jumping around screaming with a bunch of people you don't know. It was awesome.

As for the drop over the railing. Don't worry about it. At Mackey it's about a 7-8 drop down to floor, so something you wouldn't normally do, but that adrenaline gets rushing and you don't even think about it. And as for security. Just don't be the first over the rail. Let the drunks in front take out the gaurds.

I would rather rush out of that dome as fast

as I can and I won't be looking back or letting the door hit me in the ass!

As far as the goalposts, lets gift wrap them in Maroon and Gold victory stripes and hand them over the the Hogeyes. I don't ever want to see those goalposts again!

Go Gophers!

Top Bottom