Rushing Offense U

TheSportsAce

Chief Executive Gopher Rube
Reaction score
Wow, what a ground game performance tonight. What happened? Was Bennett really just that good? Was our O-line somehow completely transformed from last year? Was MTSU unable to stop anything (given they had 9 in the box in the 4th quarter and still gave up 10+ a couple times, possibly...)?

Whatever the reason, Brew and Crew have to love the rushing offense tonight. If they can somehow keep that up, it bodes very well for future games.

They looked good tonight. MTSU's dline looked very small, however. After the first drive I thought the gophs would win by 40. I think the running game will be infinitely better than last year with Horton at the helm, but I wouldn't count on the run game being as effective against the B10.

The homerism seems thick so far. Are we really that jacked up about beating a crappy team? I don't care how big of a big fish they are in a small pond.

Their DL looked like 240 pound linebackers.

Its a start. We did not self destruct, had few penalties and the OL did not wear down in the heat and humidity. Plus the staff stuck with their plan. Ellestad makes the FG's and it could have been a laugher.

Hey I'm happy a win is a win. Are run game looked good. Are O-line pushed them around most of the night and we imposed our will. I like that we stuck with the run the way we did. The D made the stops when they needed to. It was a little rough around the edges but its the first game. We fought back against a good team and got the win. I'll take it any day over what we saw last year on offense. It only gets tougher now though.

The homerism seems thick so far. Are we really that jacked up about beating a crappy team? I don't care how big of a big fish they are in a small pond.

Fire Cosgrove? What a dumb moniker.

k39hf6.jpg

I wouldn't call them crappy. They aren't Towson. They aren't a Big Ten team either. I think MTSU with or without Dasher was equal to the Cuse last year.

LOL.

Awesome. I hope this has legs. :D

Me too. I wonder how long it will be until I have to break it out on GopherManic. Seriously, negative folks who actually bother to post regularly are one thing. But these yahoos who have nothing to contribute until they can stir the pot are lame. On the plus side, I now have a funny photo to post whenever they are stupid. It's the little things that make life great. :cool:

Hey I'm happy a win is a win. Are run game looked good. Are O-line pushed them around most of the night and we imposed our will. I like that we stuck with the run the way we did. The D made the stops when they needed to. It was a little rough around the edges but its the first game. We fought back against a good team and got the win. I'll take it any day over what we saw last year on offense. It only gets tougher now though.

http://www.hookedonphonics.com/1st-grade-spelling-workbook

O-line props are due. I don't care who we played. We averaged under 100 yds a game last year, and in the heat, on the road, and first game of the year we ran for about 280! We didn't have any false starts, illegal motion, and I think only one holding penalty! Also, while MT's line is undersized, they like it that way. They are quick and capable of getting off blocks. They have a better D than many other teams that B10 teams are playing in the non-conf schedule.

Props to the O-line! Bigger Props to Bennett, he got most of his yards after contact. His knee looks healthy.

Bennett and Co. actually ran through some tackles here and there, that was fun to see....

I wouldn't call them crappy. They aren't Towson. They aren't a Big Ten team either. I think MTSU with or without Dasher was equal to the Cuse last year.

MTSU was a lot better team than Cuse was last year. Sure, they were a bit smaller on D. But they were faster than Cuse and certainly had far superior QB play. I think the negative attitudes are bizarre. Yeah, our kicking situation suddenly has me a bit nervous, but other than that, and a poor 1st quarter from Weber and the WRs this was a solid performance against a very good squad. Bennett was faster, more powerful, and more explosive than I was anticipating and Kirkwood showed himself to be a viable 2nd option.

Few people consider MTSU to be a crappy team. They may not be a top 25 team, but they are generally regarded as being a pretty good team. What you call "homerism" is called being a fan. Guess what, we support the home team! What do you want next, a glass of water, but without any hydrogen or oxygen in it?

Middle Tenn, is not a bad team by any standard. In preseason top 25 polls they even got a few votes. Enjoy the victory and be happy to see a running game starting to develope....

Thank you for doing that. This "are" vs. "our" crap is getting completely out of hand. They shouldn't actually even sound the same as the correct pronunciation of "our" rhymes with "tower".

I try not to let typos and minor grammar mistakes on message boards get to me, but this kind of stuff should result in a poster's elementary school diploma being revoked.

Considering we've either struggled against/lost to NDSU, NDSU, and SDSU. Neither of whom are BCS teams. They were/are barely D1 teams.

So, yes. First game of the season (typically the sloppiest game) against a bowl team (better than we were last year), and we won. AT their house.

Hell yes I'm jacked up.

It's a damn 'W'.

Yeah, the homerism even comes from out of state non-alumni!

:rolleyes:

Top Bottom