Rush the court if we beat Michigan?

Dear God no, please don't rush the court. You never see true big time programs rushing the court and that's because beating other ranked teams is commonplace and besides, rushing the court after beating Michigan says, "we're not as good as Michigan so we're excited that we beat them". Trust me; we're a better team than Michigan. Let's act like we've been here before, let's be a 'big time program', and be loud during and after the game but don't rush the court!

All things being equal, I really don't think we are.

5. Completely spontaneous court rush caused by miracle ending.
I like this as well. If you are planning out in advance to rush the court, that is probably the cue you need that you shouldn't be doing it. Let the emotion of the moment decide.

I like this as well. If you are planning out in advance to rush the court, that is probably the cue you need that you shouldn't be doing it. Let the emotion of the moment decide.

I'm afraid by talking about this we have now jinxed it. We will not win this game.

Okay I'm not that superstitious but we can blame it on this if we lose, lol.

Current Odds to win National Championship:
Indiana 6/1
Michigan 6/1
Gophers 18/1
Ohio State 20/1

No. We are a great team, and if we rush the court, it would make it seem like we didn't even think we could win. We are a top-ten team with bigger goals than simply beating Michigan, and it should seem more like we expected to win if we do actually pull out the victory.

I think there was a court rush when Bauer beat Georgia. Completely meaningless game, completely legit court rush.

Duke rushed the court a few years ago when they had a completely bonkers ending, and despite being heavily favored it was legit.

There was no rush for that Georgia game. It was the Vince Grier game vs. Wisconsin in 2005 that the Barnyard was ready to go, but at the 4 minute timeout the entire UMPD in full riot gear filed in between the cheerleaders and the front row. Took some of the vinegar out of everyone.

The Williams Arena staff/security doesn't allow it. I remember my friends were going to try and do it for a game when were in college (can't remember who it was against) and they had a bunch of security set up at the court to make sure no one could rush the court. Unless something changed when Teague took over, I don't ever anticipate fans storming the court after a big win. I'm guessing they view the raised court as an increased risk of injury.

If Williams gets stormed someone is going to break a hip.......Way too much grey hair

All things being equal, I really don't think we are.

OK...You don't think we're better than Michigan, fine, you and I can disagree, but my original statement still holds true. Gopher fans rushing the court after beating Michigan sends the message that we believed that Michigan was/is better than Minnesota so we're shocked and excited to have beaten them. This is just my opinion, but if we rush the court, it also tells Michigan players and fans that we as Gopher fans hold Michigan to a higher level. I would rather send the message to Michigan that Minnesota is equal to or better than Michigan and the win is no big deal because we're MINNESOTA.

I would hope that Minnesota would act like we've been here before. Why blatantly display to Michigan that we haven't and hold them to a higher degree than our own school/team?

Rushing the court after a Michigan win would be so assinine that it need no explanation.

I know Michigan isn't undefeated anymore but I, for one, would like to see the students storm the court if we pull of the mild upset. I think it would help bring back the excitement to the barn that has been lacking for years. :eek: I'm probably in the minority.

You've got to be kidding. Rushing the court would be bush league. We're on national tv, with Vitale announcing, and we'd look like a bunch of chumps.

We are at least as good as Michigan, playing at home, and will be favored. We *should* win this game, the players expect to win this game. Save the court rushing for when we clinch the B1G title.

(The one exception I'd allow here is if we won on a buzzer beater).

Jules Perit would roll over in his grave.

You've got to be kidding. Rushing the court would be bush league. We're on national tv, with Vitale announcing, and we'd look like a bunch of chumps.

We are at least as good as Michigan, playing at home, and will be favored. We *should* win this game, the players expect to win this game. Save the court rushing for when we clinch the B1G title.

(The one exception I'd allow here is if we won on a buzzer beater).

I'd agree with rushing the court...only if it were to get at Dick Vitale with a roll of duct tape. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of lemurs...I mean lemmings...

What??? Totally disagree! We have never beat Top 5 team....its our year. Rush the court send the whole damn Barn on to the floor!!!!

What they said before the Indiana game was that we have never beaten an AP top 5 team on the road. We have beaten top 5 teams before, I think it was 1989 we beat #1 Illinois at the Barn, and I think Indiana was #5 in the Coaches' Poll during last year's road win.

What if Rodney Williams makes one like this to win it at the buzzer?

I graduated a couple years ago and we used to have this discussion before every big game at the barn. My answer was always no, but not because I object to students rushing the floor in theory. I say no because the barnyard is not designed for it. If I remember right only one section of the student section actually butts up to the floor and there is a railing in front of it. So the only way onto the court is down the aisles and then jump up a couple feet onto the floor. It would be more of a trickle than a rush.

Top Bottom