Votes: 12 26.1%
  • I'm delusional and players on the gophers are the best in the country

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • LaDainian Tomlinson and Adrian Peterson

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters

GopherManiac8

Reaction score
Who would you rather have, Mo and Potts or Ky and Bucky?

This may be unpopular, but RBs in college and pro are a dime a dozen. The really elite ones are rare and still probably overpaid. If you have a good running game, it's likely because of good blocking. And if your RB can block, congrats, he's teachable. Aside from possibly pre-injury Mo, MN hasn't had elite RBs for many years. While Bucky and Ky did an admirable job, as a college football fan, there was nothing particularly special about them. I think Ky has the higher ceiling and maybe gets drafted late. Ultimately, MN is good Big Ten team that likes to run and those two met the expectations. Personally, I think Evans is better than both.

I added those in jest after the negative comments
I assume for the purposes of this question we should be assuming Mo and Potts are back to being the players they were before injury. In that scenario it is a no brainer that it is Mo and Potts all the way and anyone that says otherwise is nuts. A healthy Mo > Potts, Irving, or Thomas and it isn't that close.

If the question is whether you would want Mo/Potts with the current uncertainty about their status or what they will be like in 2022 vs. Irving/Thomas......that one is trickier. But I still think I would take my chances with one of the best backs ever at the U of M.

I voted Mo and Potts based on Mo only. If Mo is healthy all year, he could become the all time Gopher leading rusher which would make me very happy.

I would have a hard time choosing between sophomore-elgibility Bucky and Ky versus super-senior+junior(?) Mo and Potts for the overall good of the program, but if the question is who I would rather have for the 2022 season, give me Mo every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I would have a hard time choosing between sophomore-elgibility Bucky and Ky versus super-senior+junior(?) Mo and Potts for the overall good of the program, but if the question is who I would rather have for the 2022 season, give me Mo every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
The overall good of the program is best advanced by winning the West this year. We will always have good young backs ready to step in next year and after.

Easy question for me to answer. I voted for the two that want to be Gophers, and not for the two that don’t.

They’re all solid, but none are really what I’d call home run threats. To me Potts and Thomas have very similar skill sets. Irving and Mo are more unique with Mo probably having the most valuable skill set of the four. Plus Mo seems to have all the intangibles you like in a program.

Putting all intangibles aside, I'd rather have Ky and Bucky. They are similar in terms of talent but they don't have major injury questions.

That said, factoring in those intangibles, I want the guys who want to be here.

Ky and Bucky are going to miss having that Gopher OL blocking for them.

Mo is likely going to become the Gophers all-time TD leader this season. Wanting KY THOMAS over him is just stupid.

Top Bottom