Running Back - who ya got

Who will have the most rushing yards this season?

• Sean Tyler - 5th year, Western Michigan Transfer

Votes: 33 47.8%
  • Zach Evans - Red Shirt Freshman, 6 rushes, 29 yards in 2022

Votes: 33 47.8%
  • Darius Taylor - True Freshman, Great Stats out of High School.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Athan Kaliakmanis - Redshirt Sophomore. Good backfield movement, true passer. Ran for 140 yards in

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rescooter

Section 243
Reaction score
Who will have the most yards rushing in 2023?

This one will be close.

Last edited:

Went Tyler.

Looks like Gophers rushed approx 45 attempts per game last year. Assuming we throw more and now the clock doesnt stop when they reset the chains, gonna call it 35. I also don't see Taylor redshirting.

I'd give the breakdown to be
Tyler 12-15
Evans 8-10
Taylor 8- 10
B Williams up to 5

I think 50 extra carries makes him the leader.

Just a wild ass speculative guess 🤪 🤣

Tyler probably leads in total yards, but I like the freshman to lead in touchdowns.

I went with Evans. He knows the system and did well when he played. Tyler would be my second choice.

Kinda worried about Evans' durability. I believe he's had two different injuries since being here? Would love to see Marquese Williams get some carries in non-conference.

Pretty sure this thread already existed. But I’ll say Taylor. And it won’t be close.

I think Tyler needs to get 15 touches a game, I think he is the best option to house one so every drive doesn’t need to be a grind fest.

I think it will be Tyler as he'll get a good amount of carries the entire year. But by the end of the year Evans will be the #1 back.

I think Tyler leads the team in carries but Evans/Taylor earn more carries as the season goes on. I really hope to avoid a Mo OSU game situation by running Tyler into the ground too much.

This is another tough one like the WR Room.

We have three very credible RB stars in the making. The differentiator maybe being knicked up badly.

The Gophers are definitely loaded offensively. AK is also a serious running threat with an explosive arm.

I still think the Gophers are within 40/60 to 60/40 RPR. The real hidden battle is the game planning for individual opponents.

The Gophers Sunday practices are supercritical.

They will practice different scenarios for quick adjustments in games. My feeling is that the crispness is getting better and better year after year.

PJ Fleck and the entire coaching staff are doing a remarkable job finding culture fit players.

They may not be superstars. Many players will develop to their full potential.

I can see why the players and their families love the Gopher FAMILY. Just ask the Nubin and Redding families who sent two sons to play for the Gophers. Ask BSF’s family.

BSF and Tyler Nubin leaving millions by foregoing the NFL to return for an extra year to help the team is a testament of a great football organization created by PJ Fleck.

Last edited:

I think all three will get carries, but I went with Evans because he probably knows the O-line the best of the three. I like both Tyler and old reliable Williams catching some passes out of the backfield for this season.

The Gophers will get scary better as the season progresses. Maybe we will finally see the killer instincts unleashed. If you have a high-octane offense, a good defense is a powerful offense.

The Defense will surprise.

The keys are the Offensive Line and staying healthy.

Let's sell out the stadium at every home game. Wouldn't that be nice?

I don't see Tyler getting a lot of carries I see him more as a big-time receiving threat out of backfield on third down. so Evans gets the primary workload, or at least the initial opportunity, with Taylor being worked in gradually. By midseason, say against iowa, we could see some explosive plays by our RBs.

Top Bottom