Running Back Depth Chart

kuhlmanalex

Reaction score
What does our running back depth chart look like next week? I don't know if I just missed it or what but could someone let me know what the deal with Edwards is? Is he hurt, struggling??? I see he has only 8 rushes this year including zero this week? I really thought that Kirkwood looked strong and willing to just run straight forward. Is our depth chart now Bennett, Kirkwood, Edwards? Or Kirkwood, Bennett, Edwards or is it too early to bench Bennett? I am happy that the staff was willing to just roll with Kirkwood yesterday.

In the few times I've seen Edwards run it seemed like he wasn't real quick out of the backfield. It was only a small sampling so it may not be so. Just from my perspective. I still wouldn't be opposed to moving him to DE to get a speed rusher. J. Kearse made an All-Pro career at rushing the QB and he was around 240 in the NFL. Edwards could fill a need there. I think they have some over RBs that can fill in.

I was thinking that maybe the staff is still upset about the run near the goal line where Edwards tried to dance around a bit.....

Have we seen a pass to Bennett out of the backfield. That's where I think his skills shine. It may be something that isn't run out of this offense very often.

I think the depth chart will be pretty set, with Bennett starting and Kirkwood getting just as much time. Kirkwood is the better runner and Bennett is more versatile but I expect them to play pretty much the same amount.

I think Kirkwood's hammy must not have been healthy to start the year. I was really surprised at how few snaps he got the first 2 games (did he play at all?) and then to go from next to nothing to 50% of the snaps or so...seems like it had to be health related.

Kearse was 265 in the NFL. Edwards is listed at 210, and given that appears to be a little light, let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he's really 220. Even giving him that, the comparison couldn't be much further from apt.

I think Kirkwood's hammy must not have been healthy to start the year. I was really surprised at how few snaps he got the first 2 games (did he play at all?) and then to go from next to nothing to 50% of the snaps or so...seems like it had to be health related.

He did not play. His hamstring was the issue.

Krikwood definitely looks like the best pure runner. Bennett brings good versatility, and with him maybe less featured on the offense, allows him more impact on special teams, like that blocked punt.

Top Bottom