Run Defense

Silvio

Reaction score
Obviously it has been bad all season. But with the exception of the OSU game (a big exception to make) had other people noticed the defense becoming better against runs up the middle (DT's and middle linebacker? Just from watching the games on TV I thought I was noticing improvement in the Purdue and Penn State games. I will be interested to see how they do for the rest of the year. Let me know your thoughts (or if I have a very selective memory).

Obviously it has been bad all season. But with the exception of the OSU game (a big exception to make) had other people noticed the defense becoming better against runs up the middle (DT's and middle linebacker? Just from watching the games on TV I thought I was noticing improvement in the Purdue and Penn State games. I will be interested to see how they do for the rest of the year. Let me know your thoughts (or if I have a very selective memory).

Tough call since Purdue and Penn State are both terrible teams. It's also hard not to look better after being that bad early on. One improvement we haven't seen is with sacks...maybe we should stack the line to see if we can get at least one more before the end of the season?

Yeah that wouldn't be impressing at all against Purdue & Penn State. They did much better against OSU then I thought they would though...not scorewise however...

I think they have played a little bit better against the run. They did a nice job against Penn St. and held them significantly under their average. For instance, Penn St. ran the ball better against Michigan than it did us.

These are tiny battles and but I thought they've improved a bit.

Top Bottom