Rumor: Tim Davis to USC...

GopherRube

Reaction score
Saw this on the main recruiting board. Wouldn't be surprised, looks like they are going to have a dominant staff with Monte, Orgeron, and Chow, and now Davis... All the while having a huge d-bag as the head coach

Well, the bourbon intake to cope with the Gopher football season looks like it will be starting early in 2010....

Thank you, Knob Creek, for helping me through the last ten years.

If this it true, we can kiss any chance with Seantrel that we had goodbye

Just like losing a recruit, no big loss. Davis did nothing here. The only negative is the continued coaching staff turnover.

you are out of your mind if you think Davis is no big loss. He has a fantastic track record of being a great coach. Get him O linemen and see what he can do.

The frikken giant earthquake that is Pete Carroll's departure from USC has created a Tsunami that's making quite the mess.

you are out of your mind if you think Davis is no big loss. He has a fantastic track record of being a great coach. Get him O linemen and see what he can do.

We'll live, part of being a good coach is taking ordinary talent and making them better.

Kind of torn on this, Davis seemed a little strange to me and I wasn't a fan of his Oline. On the other hand, he had a track record of success and his potential departure would mean more staff turnover. Who knows what he would have done with more of his own guys on the OL?

I am curious who has had more staff turnover, Brewster in 3 years or Paterno in 40 years?

Art's post was pretty thick with sarcasm.

Anyway, I hope this turns out to be just that, a rumor

ITS JUST A RUMOR PEOPLE......

PLease save your the sky is falling whining and bitching until after the official announcement....otherwise you just all look like idiots.

Geez you guys. "People come and go so quickly here." That's kind of the way things are all over these days. Hire somebody else and keep your chin pointed directly into the wind. Seriously, replacing assistants and coordinators shouldn't be that big a deal. Plenty of them move around every year, so you'd think college athletic programs expect to deal with such problems.

Davis gave us: a legitimate shot to land Seantrel, a great chance to have a better O-line next year, a solid piece to the coaching staff. There is a chance he stays, only because they are offering him either a lateral move (O Line Coach) or a slight demotion (not the Running Game Coordinator).

Kind of torn on this, Davis seemed a little strange to me and I wasn't a fan of his Oline. On the other hand, he had a track record of success and his potential departure would mean more staff turnover. Who knows what he would have done with more of his own guys on the OL?

Besides USC where, Jim Huber was the OL coach at Wisconsin. All his other stints were pretty short if you read his bio. Maybe this week gives us an opportunity to hire a OC and OL that can run a college offense effectively.

Come on guys, I think you're blowing this a little out of proportion! Davis is the OL coach... Yes, he has improved the OL play throughout the year, but it's not like he's the only coach out there that is capable of doing the job. I'm sure there are plenty of others out there that can do just as good of a job. Next there'll be a rumor about a student manager possibly transferring to St. Thomas and you guys will get out the rope and chair because our players won't have anyone there to give them water...

Come on guys, I think you're blowing this a little out of proportion! Davis is the OL coach... Yes, he has improved the OL play throughout the year, but it's not like he's the only coach out there that is capable of doing the job. I'm sure there are plenty of others out there that can do just as good of a job. Next there'll be a rumor about a student manager possibly transferring to St. Thomas and you guys will get out the rope and chair because our players won't have anyone there to give them water...

Brew told us Davis was the best O-line coach in the nation, so assuming that was true, anyone we hire will not be as good. Also, if we have a shot at Seantrel, one would have to think that Davis was instrumental in his recruitment being that he would be his position coach. So, if they have a good relationship, it won't help our cause. Granted, if Seantrel wasn't impressed with Davis then it could help our cause if he goes to USC.

But we started to change our offense heading into the KU bowl game in large part because we hired Davis before the bowl game.

Go Gophers!!

I would love for Davis to stay, and I'm sure he was instrumental in the recruiting of our solid OL class this year (and hopefully SH to boot). I think he's a very positive asset for this team. However, I was just saying that it's a little crazy for people to be saying the sky is falling off a rumor that he is possibly leaving. He's only been here a year. Would love for him to stay and help develop our young talent, but the program is not going to implode if he leaves.

Maybe promoting Davis to OC when Fisch leaves will get him to stay.

Brew told us Davis was the best O-line coach in the nation, so assuming that was true, anyone we hire will not be as good.

Go Gophers!!

That reminds me of how Denny Green used to get the '#1 player on his draft board' every year, whether he was picking 5th or 25th. I'm sure whoever he hires to replace him will be tremendous and also the best O-line coach in the nation. :rolleyes:

Seriously, any significant changes to the coaching staff is bad at this point, and I'm sure it does damage our chances of landing SH. If Fisch stays, perhaps it's not a big deal. If they both leave, it's a major blow to an offense that was already reeling.

This rumor is false.

Pat Ruehl is staying at SC, he did not go with Pete. Pete got Alex Gibbs.

Ruehl stays, Tim Davis stays. Davis and Kiffin are NOT close.

This rumor is false.

Pat Ruehl is staying at SC, he did not go with Pete. Pete got Alex Gibbs.

Ruehl stays, Tim Davis stays. Davis and Kiffin are NOT close.

What is your source, I've read stories claiming he was going and others claiming he isn't going. Does Ruel have a relationship with Kiffin? That ESPN article scares me because it states they are already in contract discussions with Davis.

Ruehl has been at SC since the '05 season...he has a relationship w/ Kiffin.

All coaches are in Orlando right now for conferences. Ruehl is scheduled to meet w/ Garret and other athletic admin tomorrow.

It's still very fluid (Chow is not a done deal yet either)...but the indicators are Ruehl is staying at this point.

I have a family member who works for SC Athletics.

Not sure if this has been stated or not, but on ESPN today, the reporter said that Tim Davis was going to USC. I haven't seen it stated yet, but I haven't really looked either so take it for what its worth. ESPN has been wrong in the past. I know how offended people get when its already been reported on this board, so I appologize if it has.

Top Bottom