Rumor: new home and home series

Big Play

Reaction score
With a BCS team. Saw it over on GI i don't know who they just said it is a BCS team. Deal is still in the works.

Maybe Tennessee? I believe the staff is close to Butch Jones. No inside info; just throwing it out there.

An SEC home and home would be awesome.

A source I consider " maybe, maybe not " says it is Notre Dame.

So we dropped North Carolina to pick up Notre Dame? Don't think so. Come to think of it. If it is any team of any merit whatsoever, this is just another thing that the media will drill us for.

Why would we have a home and home with a BCS school when we could schedule the Dakota teams only at the Bank?

Why would we have a home and home with a BCS school when we could schedule the Dakota teams only at the Bank?

I think the Dakota teams are "out" per new B1G policy of not scheduling FCS teams.

FCS teams are going to be out and you must schedule 1 major conference team per season if I read the new rules correctly. With the new rules its going to be tougher on the schedulers of each school if they want to keep 7 home games as has been talked about by the Big Ten schools. The years you have 5 conference home games you are most likely going to have a big non-conference road game while the year you only have 4 Big Ten Home game you will have the big Nonconferenc home contest.

I think the Dakota teams are "out" per new B1G policy of not scheduling FCS teams.

Where does that put us? Those games always come down to the end, and the gophers lose about half of the games.

How will the other B1G teams play the gophers with that rule?

Where does that put us? Those games always come down to the end, and the gophers lose about half of the games.

How will the other B1G teams play the gophers with that rule?

I don't make the rules and if I were a fan of one of the Dakota teams, I would view this as a bit of a slap. But call Jim Delaney and register your comments.

So we dropped North Carolina to pick up Notre Dame? Don't think so. Come to think of it. If it is any team of any merit whatsoever, this is just another thing that the media will drill us for.

I am guessing this new home & home won't actually be played for a few years. You don't see a difference in year 3 vs. year 5,6,7,8? I realize the media won't because that wouldn't serve their agenda. The easier game this year is needed/wanted in order to get the new/young players acclimated to the college game and to keep the team healthier as we enter B1G play.

I am guessing this new home & home won't actually be played for a few years. You don't see a difference in year 3 vs. year 5,6,7,8? I realize the media won't because that wouldn't serve their agenda. The easier game this year is needed/wanted in order to get the new/young players acclimated to the college game and to keep the team healthier as we enter B1G play.

I can't say I buy the argument of dumbing down the schedule for 4 years after every coaching change, which for some schools would be a constant thing. Every team has years where they're throwing in a ton of young starters for various reasons not always related to coaching-change attrition. That is no reason to duck out of game contracts.

Probably doesn't mean anything, but a friend of mine who works in the athletic department at Iowa State said there have been recent discussions of scheduling a home and home with MN. The same reason against the idea keeps coming up (they already play one B1G team) but it's still being discussed. Not sure to what degree they have talked with MN.

Iowa St would be a good deal for those of us who like to travel to away games.

I can't say I buy the argument of dumbing down the schedule for 4 years after every coaching change, which for some schools would be a constant thing. Every team has years where they're throwing in a ton of young starters for various reasons not always related to coaching-change attrition. That is no reason to duck out of game contracts.

With the amount of players that typically transfer after a coaching change, leaving thin numbers and experience, I understand why a coach would do it. All one needs to do is look at last year and the amount of injuries we entered the B1G with and as the season progressed. We didn't play a very hard non-con schedule and were still beat up, I don't blame Kill for wanting an easier opponent. Reducing injuries and getting an easier path to the additional bowl practices is worth the tradeoff, even if some people refuse to admit there is a benefit to the bowl practices. If this scheduling philosophy were to continue, then I'd take issue with it.

Top Bottom