Rumor is circulating that the NCAA is about to grant Tanner Morgan another year of eligibility

Insiders say that Morgan will NOT be competing for the starting quarterback spot but will instead be moving to the TE position in the Gophers' new "Tight End Friendly" offense. Not only do offensive co-coordinators Matt Simon and Greg Harbaugh plan to throw more passes to the Tight Ends, but they will also employ formations with multiple Tight Ends with their Tight Ends sometimes throwing the football to each other. That speculation stems from the fact that former Minnesota quarterbacks Seth Green and Marqueis Gray have both entered the transfer portal and appear headed back to Dinkytown.

My best friend’s son’s girlfriend’s cousin who went to high school with Tanner says he wants to return for one more year to be the holder for punts. The direct grapevine quote is, “I’ve always coveted the Peter Mortell Holder of the Year Award and we’re going to bring it back home!”

My best friend’s son’s girlfriend’s cousin who went to high school with Tanner says he wants to return for one more year to be the holder for punts. The direct grapevine quote is, “I’ve always coveted the Peter Mortell Holder of the Year Award and we’re going to bring it back home!”
Bout damn time the HOTY comes back home.....Can't think of a more noble reason to return to college for year 11. :)

He already had the extra Covid year.
These days I'm not sure it matters! Didn't the NCAA just grant someone a seventh year of eligibility recently?

Edit: Actually a player from Oregon, Cam McCormick, was granted a ninth year of eligibility in December. It's entirely plausible that Tanner Morgan is still eligible to play CFB.

Last edited:

Not how I heard it…he’s getting the extra year but transferring to Notre Dame, where he’s expected to become the starting QB and OC.
Noooo! Actually I think it was Rutgers!!

Last edited:

Not how I heard it…he’s getting the extra year but transferring to Notre Dame, where he’s expected to become the starting QB and OC.
Noooo! Actually I think it was Rutgers!!
I heard NDSU so he can also play in CFL.

It seems like he's only a year away from collecting Social Security, so why not.

Eli Manning dressed at Chad Powers actually looked younger than Morgan.

Fargo paper stated Tanner would be playing for the Concordia Pipers next year, in order to attempt to move the team up to 2nd or 3rd in the MIAC.

Top Bottom