Rumor has it..

Gophers15

Banned
Reaction score
RobDon called up Brew and told him he wanted to commit but Brew said we were full at DB

Rumor has it you need more that 14 posts on the board before I'll take your rumors seriously.

No, he is correct. The moderator at GI said that is what happened. It makes sense we hardly have any more spots available we need other positions to be filled ahead of DB.

I was really hoping we would land him. He looks like a very solid prospect

I was really hoping we would land him. He looks like a very solid prospect

I think the JUCO took his spot......they are still waiting on countless other big time offers to decide on what they want to do before they can offer the 5th or 6th DB scholarship out or however many they have committed

you can have 300+ posts and still be a jackass, some of us have more to do with our time.

RobDon called up Brew and told him he wanted to commit but Brew said we were full at DB
It could be or it could be that all the plan A slots are full and he has to wait for a plan B slot. We have 22 commits so the last six are likely being held very highly rated players. If we get the plan A players then there will be no room. I still think RobDon is a possibility.

MBA and 15 displaying good resolution skills. NICE WORK!

There are just some things that I just can't let go. This string of posts for some reason is funny.

Ok, just got it. Sorry about the slow uptake. That is pretty funny.

Dick. :D

Antonio Ford to Wake Forest. Pahokee pipeline going, going.....gone. Zachary Allen will honor his commitment to WF definitely now that two of his close friends have committed. Richard Ash is our only hope and we very well could land him...however time is running out on getting him in for a visit before the season is over. This weekend would have been perfect.

Very clever to pick that up. But one could wonder if you boys were talking in code. Sort of like having a wide stance in a mens' room stall.

well we better take the best DB's then I should hope we're not sending away better players...

It's life in the big time. Brewster makes 7 offers for a position with the understanding that the first 5 that accept are given the scholly. It's not just the kids that have leverage. Now with someone like Seantrell, the story is different.

Does anyone else ever feel kind of bad for these kids? I'm sure RobDonovan was excited to make the call and commit and had to have felt like the rug was pulled from under his feet. Fact of life in today's college football I guess.

Does anyone else ever feel kind of bad for these kids? I'm sure RobDonovan was excited to make the call and commit and had to have felt like the rug was pulled from under his feet. Fact of life in today's college football I guess.

for sure, that was my first reaction, I'm hoping in the end he is a Gopher, hate to turn away talented kids who are eager to wear the maroon and gold. I guess you can look at it as a positive that our recruiting is vastly improved if you want to look at it that way

If he was so excited to commit, he would have done it sooner. More than likely we were his backup so he waited and something fell through, so he decided we were his next best offer. I don't feel any worse for this kid than I do for the school who gets turned down by a recruit. He's got hundreds of other options out there...it sure is nice to be in a position to turn down quality recruits, though. How often do you think that happened with the previous regime?

That's a good point, just think about how many recruits USC, Texas, and Florida turn down every year.

I feel bad--at a level--for all of these recruits. They are inundated with offers and information. It's hard enough for a non-athlete to make a college decision. I can only imagine how difficult it is for these kids to make a decision that fits for them both academically and athletically.

Who knows? Maybe he still ends up with us. Hate to turn away a good prospect who actually wants to join your program.

I sure feel sorry for these kids - free education (in many cases five years worth with an opportunity to earn a graduate degree), an opportunity to play football on tv and be exposed to professional scouts, tutors readily available to assist with homework, life-long networks established, babes everywhere. These poor kids...

I don't hate these kids for any of this, and I appreciate everything they do to entertain me on the football field and represent my home state's university in a positive light (hopefully), but I'm not shedding tears for them when a coach chooses to go in a different direction.

They'll be just fine! Not everybody wins a trophy! Life goes one, and they can make of it what they want.

If he was so excited to commit, he would have done it sooner. More than likely we were his backup so he waited and something fell through, so he decided we were his next best offer. I don't feel any worse for this kid than I do for the school who gets turned down by a recruit. He's got hundreds of other options out there...it sure is nice to be in a position to turn down quality recruits, though. How often do you think that happened with the previous regime?

Exactly. Guarantee the staff has been in contact with him since day 1 with the message that there are only so many spots available, and that the first to those spots would get them. I'm sure there have been constant updates since then as well...things like, "we're still really interested, but we just landed another DB...it'd be great if you made up your mind soon."

Top Bottom