Rude Iowa Fans

We chanted "who hates Iowa" on national TV at a game vs. Wisconsin and you wonder why they shove our noses in it?
As a lifetime Gopher fan, I hate the "who hates Iowa?" chant. Not much effort and creativity went into that one. It only gets embarrassing with every annual loss.

Also, walking back through the parking, a Hawkeye fan stood on the bumper of his truck and yelled "Minnesota sucks!" right as my group walked by. I said, "we only suck just a little more than Iowa". He laughed and said "ya, you're probably right", and that was the end of it. No harm.

Overall, there was nothing this year from Iowa fans that got me annoyed. Actually shared some drinks and conversation in the tailgate lot before and after the game.

Last edited:

As a lifetime Gopher fan, I hate the "who hates Iowa?" chant. Not much effort and creativity went into that one. It only gets embarrassing with every annual loss.
As a lifetime Gopher fan, I love the chant. And I loved that Maturi hated it and wanted to stop it.

That said, historically, the Iowa fans who travel here are without a doubt the worst. I'm really not kidding when I say that the only way they can spell IOWA is by looking down at their shirts.
I know we're not rivals in any way, but everyone I know who is an Iowa State fan is really cool and nice, but Hawkeye fans are the drizzling shits, yet they're from the same state.

I have a cabin in Wisconsin, and so I know quite a few Badger fans, and I don't know a single one that is as big an asshole as the average Iowa fan. The only fan bases that are worse than Iowa are UND Hockey and NDSU football.

Someone said, pee after sex or you get a U of I 😭. Also love the occasional 35 south chants. Another good one is to remind them that their state is only relevant during the election, that's it.

I'm still angry and salty about Saturday's loss to Iowa. I was in the stadium and still can't believe we blew it. However, what really pissed me off was a group of troll Iowa fans in front of us who kept heckling and yelling at everyone around them THE ENTIRE GAME. It got so bad that security was called on them twice (not by me). They were especially bad sore winners after the game was done. It kinda ruined my game experience, which sucks for a game that already didn't go our way. I've heard Iowa fans are some of the worst, and this confirmed it for me.

Anyone else have experiences with jerk Iowa fans? Mostly using this as a chance to cope with schadenfreude.

I'm still angry and salty about Saturday's loss to Iowa. I was in the stadium and still can't believe we blew it. However, what really pissed me off was a group of troll Iowa fans in front of us who kept heckling and yelling at everyone around them THE ENTIRE GAME. It got so bad that security was called on them twice (not by me). They were especially bad sore winners after the game was done. It kinda ruined my game experience, which sucks for a game that already didn't go our way. I've heard Iowa fans are some of the worst, and this confirmed it for me.

Anyone else have experiences with jerk Iowa fans? Mostly using this as a chance to cope with schadenfreude.
I took the light rail after the game. I heard an Iowa fan ask a friend, "they chant we hate Iowa.. do they really hate us that bad"? I looked to my right and said "yes, we do". We have no respect for your offense and you have no QBs, no RBs, and unimpressive receivers... you get by with sorry special teams/defensive TDs and, above all else, your fans are the worst!! My personal experience..Wisconsin and Packers fans have been class acts and respectful". Yes..that's why we chant we hate Iowa..we just don't respect you and shouldn't lose to you!!!!

I love PJ, but sadly he's Ferentz's bitch. Sigh......maybe next year (rinse and repeat)

Someone said, pee after sex or you get a U of I 😭. Also love the occasional 35 south chants. Another good one is to remind them that their state is only relevant during the election, that's it.
The 35 South chants do not make much sense to me, unless it's a high level troll to go to Ames, IA (home of the Cyclones).

To get to Iowa City the best way is generally taking Hwy 52 to 63 in Iowa.

My season tix are by the visiting fans. Actually had a pleasant experience with the Iowa fans around me, dude had a Ricki Stanzi J on. I had my U.S Soccer scarf on from the Honduras game and they were big Soccer people and pretty honest in their assesment of the team. There was really drunk guy in their group, but he was a happy drunk, He was cheering even on plays that were good for the gophs as well. Just had no idea what was going on

I had a couple decent ones by me and a couple that cheered Gopher injuries… Also had an Iowa fan cry about the way he was treated while in the restroom. I think he said 201 or 204.
I would have looked said fan in the eyes and said we have to protect the stalls...

No issues in our tailgate area or in the stadium. Maybe we’re lucky but our crew always interacts well with the opposing fans. Some of the best were Rutgers fans.
They are fun and hate psu which is just fine in my book.

I get why some Iowa fans enjoy getting under our skin. It’s time to stop the stupid chant. Especially when we’re not playing Iowa. Time to grow up.

East lansing was okay.
Columbus I haven’t been to.
Purdue was nothing to write home about.

Or my experiences/stadiums I go

1) Nebraska
2) penn state
3) Indiana
4) iowa
5) wisconsin
6) Michigan state
7) Purdue
8) northwestern
Agree Nebraska fans are good

Agree Nebraska fans are good
Yep. Had a bloody mary in hand within 1 minute walking in the tailgate lot right at the front gates of Memorial Stadium this year. Walked by the same vehicle/setup after the game was over...the guy was having a post-game beverage with about a dozen other Huskers...he stepped over from his group to catch me, shake hands, and say "good game." Class act.

Top Bottom