RS III

GopherNation

Reaction score
Ever since the Indiana game this guy has been a beast averaging 11 pts, 7 boards, and 3 assists per game. His game is really starting to take shape and he has been calling for the ball. It is exciting seeing this guy develop, I can't wait to see him play the next two years.

No question he is growing...what I love is the fire and emotion. He is taking a leadership role with his play and attitude.

I see him being a 15 - 9 - 4 next year and 15-11-5 his senior year plus leading the big ten in blocks.

Love this guy!

Ever since the Indiana game this guy has been a beast averaging 11 pts, 7 boards, and 3 assists per game. His game is really starting to take shape and he has been calling for the ball. It is exciting seeing this guy develop, I can't wait to see him play the next two years.

+1

Seems a bit ambitious, but it's good to see him improving this year. I highly doubt he ever makes it to 15-11-5 to be honest or even 15-9-4. Not to say he won't be good, but those are pretty damn good numbers. How often do you see anyone average 11 rebounds and 5 blocks?

No question he is growing...what I love is the fire and emotion. He is taking a leadership role with his play and attitude.

I see him being a 15 - 9 - 4 next year and 15-11-5 his senior year plus leading the big ten in blocks.

Love this guy!

Tubby said after the game on CCO that Ralph had a good game, but he still isn't aggressive enough....

Yeah, he is getting better, but averaging a double double is really difficult to come by in the Big Ten. I hope the poster turns out to be correct

I think by his senior year, Sampson will be one of the best big men in the big 10. I like how this kid is developing. He is becoming a reliable force with a good jump shot as well. He likely will be the best player on the team for the next 2 years unless we get some good recruits in here.

A big man with range on his jumper opens up so much. Hopefully that continues to develop and create matchup headaches. The baseline drive was great, what a terrible attempt at drawing a charge by the help under the hoop.

There were a couple times I just didn't know who that big guy moving toward the basket was! Omg - it's Sampson!
What a bright spot in a difficult year.

Moonlight

There were a couple times I just didn't know who that big guy moving toward the basket was! Omg - it's Sampson!
What a bright spot in a difficult year.

I agree. I think RSIII will be a significant force the next two seasons.

KUDOS to Ralph. I hope he continues this trend against Michigan Thursday.

:clap::clap::clap:

once he gets the ability to not get checked off the block by every big ten center when he doesn't have the ball he will become a beast. Until then he will never be able to take over games.

Seems a bit ambitious, but it's good to see him improving this year. I highly doubt he ever makes it to 15-11-5 to be honest or even 15-9-4. Not to say he won't be good, but those are pretty damn good numbers. How often do you see anyone average 11 rebounds and 5 blocks?

Sorry Underground...thats 5 assists. He is averaging 12 points, 8 rebounds and 2 plus assists a game over the last 10...so I don't think these are that much of a stretch...especially if we can give him some offside help with Mbakwe next year.

Two major keys for next year ... the improvement of both Ralph and Rodney. Thinking it should be all good.

where are the RS3 haters now?
he just needs a power fwd to keep the Ds honest..
with Trevor (and White?) on the floor next year, RS3 avgs 20 ppg.

what a terrible attempt at drawing a charge by the help under the hoop.

Disagree. While it wasn't the best positioning, had that been Iverson making that drive, he would have driven the guy into the seats across the floor. Ralph showed exceptional body control for his size by missing him altogether.

I thought he played well, and has been pretty good the last few weeks. Showing signs of becoming a upper tier B10 Big Man.

Oh, gotcha. A center averaging over 5 assists? Seems a bit of a stretch. Where are you getting those averages from? He's definitely not averaging 12 8 and 2 in the last 10. Even if those numbers were correct, that's still a pretty big jump. Going from 2 to 5 assists for a center? I like Ralph's potential, but I don't know if those predictions of yours are very realistic. Just stating my opinion.

Sorry Underground...thats 5 assists. He is averaging 12 points, 8 rebounds and 2 plus assists a game over the last 10...so I don't think these are that much of a stretch...especially if we can give him some offside help with Mbakwe next year.

The troubling question is, Why has not Iverson progressed like Sampson? Is Iverson's dad a good ball player, maybe he should work with his son like Ralph II has. He needs it

That baseline move was sick. Slam over 2 defenders.

The troubling question is, Why has not Iverson progressed like Sampson? Is Iverson's dad a good ball player, maybe he should work with his son like Ralph II has. He needs it

I have a feeling Iverson's dad won't be able to provide the same lessons as one of the greatest players in the history of college basketball.

SotV

I have a feeling Iverson's dad won't be able to provide the same lessons as one of the greatest players in the history of college basketball.

Yes, Chuck was not the NCAA POY but he wasn't Ward Cleaver either.

Iverson Promoted to Full Time Athletic Post

Chuck Iverson, head women’s basketball coach at Mount Marty College, has been promoted to the position of full-time athletic director. Previously, he held the dual role of part-time athletic director in addition to coaching. Effective immediately, he will assume the duties and responsibilities of full-time director while a search for a women’s basketball coach commences.

“I’m very honored to accept this position and am anxious to help build the athletic department for the future,” Iverson said. “It was a tough decision to get out of coaching and leave that family of players. It was especially tough to tell the athletes that I would not be their coach next year.”

Iverson’s coaching career has been marked with stellar performances both on and off the court. In his 17 years as head women’s basketball coach, his leadership earned him the Coach of The Year award twice (with the South Dakota Iowa Conference in 1999 and Great Plains Athletic Conference in 2007). Those same years he took his women’s team all the way to the national NAIA basketball tournaments. In 2007, the Mount Marty Women’s Basketball team earned their fourth conference championship under his direction.

Iverson’s drive for excellence off the court helped earn Mount Marty the distinguished GPAC Dr. Myrvin Christopherson All-Academic Award two consecutive years, acknowledging Mount Marty athletes as conference leaders in academic grade point average.

In eight of the past 10 years, the team was rated among the top in the nation in both basketball and academics. In addition, 100 percent of the players who finished eligibility at Mount Marty graduated during coach Iverson’s term.

“We are delighted Chuck has accepted this position and will serve us in the capacity of full-time athletic director,” said Dr. James T. Barry, President of Mount Marty College. “This position is integral to the advancement of Lancer Athletics.”

Mount Marty College is a member of the Great Plains Athletic Conference and a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics. “We will be working together to create a strategic plan for our athletic program that will provide a future direction for the enhancement of athletics at Mount Marty,” Dr. Barry said.

A committee has been formed to begin the search for a new basketball coach. The goal is to have a new coach in place shortly, Barry said.

Iverson’s basketball career began in Vermillion, S.D. where he was a stand-out for Vermillion High School as well as the University of South Dakota. He graduated from USD with a bachelor’s degree in education and a master’s degree in health, physical education and recreation.

Drafted by the NBA’s Seattle Supersonics and Memphis of the ABA, he had a taste of professional play before returning to the Midwest as a coach, first at the high school level, and then advancing to the college level with Yankton College and the University of South Dakota as an assistant coach in the 1980s. Later, he led the Redfield High School basketball program just prior to joining Mount Marty College in 1991. In all, he’s coached 27 years of basketball. In his 17 years at Mount Marty, he posted a win-loss record of 252-241.

Iverson and his wife, Karla, live in Yankton and have three children.

I have been critical of RSIII this year but he is slowly making me into a believer. He needs to be a little more aggressive and show he can play well against the top teams on the inside, but I have been impressed with the progress - and wrong about him - based on his play the last few weeks.

Oh, gotcha. A center averaging over 5 assists? Seems a bit of a stretch. Where are you getting those averages from? He's definitely not averaging 12 8 and 2 in the last 10. Even if those numbers were correct, that's still a pretty big jump. Going from 2 to 5 assists for a center? I like Ralph's potential, but I don't know if those predictions of yours are very realistic. Just stating my opinion.

Ralph's stats for the year are 8.3 points, 6.2 rebounds and 2 assists per game...and with his double-double against PSU and that he missed two big ten games so you need to figure in his totals from the last two non-conf blow outs where RSIII was huge and his numbers are there...his Bigten numbers are 8.3 - 6 - 2.1 in 8 games, start 7.

I see his passing and scoring game growing the most over the next two years...and think that he has the skill (maybe not the drive...we shall see) to explode and compete for Big Ten player of the year as a senior. Time will tell...

I see his passing and scoring game growing the most over the next two years...and think that he has the skill (maybe not the drive...we shall see) to explode and compete for Big Ten player of the year as a senior. Time will tell...

IMO, RSIII as a B10 player of the year is a bit of a stretch...but I could see him as a 13pt, 9 reb 3 block gut and a possible NBA draft pick, in the 2nd round.

Top Bottom