Royce White to Kentucky?

If Royce had gone to Kentucky, gone to the mall, stolen some stuff and then pushed down a security dude, it would have not only made the news, it would have made the news immediately.

People talk about how tough players have it here, but in some ways players other places get it worse in terms of very small things being blown up. In most cases, news of arrests and the like make the papers only if the player is taken to jail or if the Minnesota Daily writes about it and it gets picked up.

The Royce incident at the MOA didn't make the news until he was suspended by Tubby and then people started digging.

The papers here don't go through every police log to find out what students were cited for underage drinking, etc. Reporters do, however, look at who was brought to the jail and if you go to jail, it probably ends up in the paper.

Marcus Fuller tweets on the subject:

"Royce White to KY rumors I'm hearing stronger than ever. Seems Mbakwe might not be only one asking for a waiver to play next yr elsewhere."

Go Gophers!!

Asked my buddy (who is a die hard UK fan, alum, and employee --works closely with mbb, but is not a coach) and his exact words when I inquired about Royce were "never heard of him, if they are looking at bringing him in they aren't talking."

I think that's why he specifically said he might be asking for a waiver to play.

He would need two. One to be able to play immediately and one to waive the eligibility requirements (18 hours in school year, with 6 earned in last full time semester -spring- and a 1.8 gpa)

If Royce had gone to Kentucky, gone to the mall, stolen some stuff and then pushed down a security dude, it would have not only made the news, it would have made the news immediately.

People talk about how tough players have it here, but in some ways players other places get it worse in terms of very small things being blown up. In most cases, news of arrests and the like make the papers only if the player is taken to jail or if the Minnesota Daily writes about it and it gets picked up.

The Royce incident at the MOA didn't make the news until he was suspended by Tubby and then people started digging.

The papers here don't go through every police log to find out what students were cited for underage drinking, etc. Reporters do, however, look at who was brought to the jail and if you go to jail, it probably ends up in the paper.

So the next question is would he have been suspended. World Wide Wes has got a lot riding on getting players to the pro's and sitting a 5 star for a year isn't going to look good to next years top rated players. If Kentucky can't do what it takes to get a player to the pros W.W.W will find a school up to the task.

If you are coach Cal, and you can land just about any player in the country every year. Do you want a basket case who hasn't played for a year and has to sit out another? Or do you use that scholarship on a 4-5 star freshman who can play right away and doesn't have baggage?

I go with the latter. But then again, I am not a D1 coach.

RW can go anywhere and play now or later, but that doesn't mean he has instantly become more mature, more responsible, or less criminal. It simply means that he seeks greener pastures while carrying the same baggage. He still sounds like the priorities confused, night clubbing, rap music wantabe he has been become renowned.

As for him allegedly being enthused for playing at UK, wasn't this the same bit we heard about his desire to play for the University of Minnesota a year ago?

RW can go anywhere and play now or later, but that doesn't mean he has instantly become more mature, more responsible, or less criminal. It simply means that he seeks greener pastures while carrying the same baggage. He still sounds like the priorities confused, night clubbing, rap music wantabe he has been become renowned.

As for him allegedly being enthused for playing at UK, wasn't this the same bit we heard about his desire to play for the University of Minnesota a year ago?

Spot on, Minne. I haven't seen evidence of RW being a hardened criminal. I have seen lots of evidence of base immaturity, delusion and holier-than-thou, however. The petty crimes are just that, but it all adds up to a junior high mentality in a man's body.

Grow up, Royce. You are blowing it. You are headed to the "Where are they now file" before you ever even become "There."

Spot on, Minne. I haven't seen evidence of RW being a hardened criminal. I have seen lots of evidence of base immaturity, delusion and holier-than-thou, however. The petty crimes are just that, but it all adds up to a junior high mentality in a man's body.

Grow up, Royce. You are blowing it. You are headed to the "Where are they now file" before you ever even become "There."

Yep, this is exactly what I see. And I can't see it changing in the near future. Who is going to step and change him, what event? If Tubby and this whole debacle ending up with him out of school hasn't made him evaluate himself and change, I don't know what will (at least in the next few years...)

I think tubby is pushing for royce to go to Kentucky. This is Tubby's super duper secret plan about getting back at Kentucky and bringing them down from the inside through royce "the saboteur" white.

I think tubby is pushing for royce to go to Kentucky. This is Tubby's super duper secret plan about getting back at Kentucky and bringing them down from the inside through royce "the saboteur" white.

hahahaha yes :clap: well done, well done

funny, that was always my thoughts on seeing Favre go to the Vikings, just one more throw to make sure they don't get to the super bowl..

If Royce White ends up at Kentucky, turns his life around and becomes successful on and off the court? That's bad news for Tubby Smith and the Gophers. You'll have Bo Ryan and every Big 10 coach whispering in future elite recruits within Minnesota "Why go play there? See what happened to White. You'll be wasted." Whether that is actually true or not won't really matter. The perception will be there and recruiters love to manipulate perception to their advantage.

If Royce White ends up at Kentucky, turns his life around and becomes successful on and off the court? That's bad news for Tubby Smith and the Gophers. You'll have Bo Ryan and every Big 10 coach whispering in future elite recruits within Minnesota "Why go play there? See what happened to White. You'll be wasted." Whether that is actually true or not won't really matter. The perception will be there and recruiters love to manipulate perception to their advantage.

If Obama balances the budget, GDP grows by 8% and unemployment drops to 5%, we'll be in great shape.

More likely than your first sentence.

Top Bottom