Roy Horn of 'Siegfried and Roy' dies of COVID-19 at age 75

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per USA Today:

Roy Horn, half of the Las Vegas stage duo Siegfried & Roy, died of complications due to the coronavirus Friday. He was 75.

“Today, the world has lost one of the greats of magic, but I have lost my best friend,” Siegfried Fischbacher said in a statement to the Reno Gazette Journal, part of the USA TODAY Network. “From the moment we met, I knew Roy and I, together, would change the world. There could be no Siegfried without Roy, and no Roy without Siegfried.

“Roy was a fighter his whole life including during these final days. I give my heartfelt appreciation to the team of doctors, nurses and staff at Mountain View Hospital who worked heroically against this insidious virus that ultimately took Roy’s life.”

Roy Horn tested positive for the contagious respiratory illness in late April.

Go Gophers!!

RIP Roy.

I'm actually a tiny bit surprised he was still alive. I had heard he was pretty sick the last 2-3 years and could have sworn he had already passed.

Definitely the end of an era, and one of the iconic figures in Las Vegas. Sad day in the valley

I have seen many Las Vegas shows, and the Siegfried and Roy show was really impressive. Roy stated that he thought the white tiger, sensed that Roy was having a seizure and dragged him offstage to help him.
RIP Roy.

RIP Roy.

I'm actually a tiny bit surprised he was still alive. I had heard he was pretty sick the last 2-3 years and could have sworn he had already passed.

Definitely the end of an era, and one of the iconic figures in Las Vegas. Sad day in the valley
So the Coronavirus got another victim they was over 70 and already sick. It’s too bad the media doesn’t report the demographics of the deaths. I guess it wouldn’t be as scary to do so.

So the Coronavirus got another victim they was over 70 and already sick. It’s too bad the media doesn’t report the demographics of the deaths. I guess it wouldn’t be as scary to do so.

The article linked in the OP indicates his age in the second sentence. Are you that upset it wasn't included in the first sentence?

Go Gophers!!

The article linked in the OP indicates his age in the second sentence. Are you that upset it wasn't included in the first sentence?

Go Gophers!!
No. I’m saying that the media tends to just report the total numbering deaths or the number by state. They rarely seem to show by age, underlying conditions, etc. the point being that he fits the criteria of the majority of deaths. The virus is scarier when you don’t like at those statistics and think it would kill anyone.
I work at biotech that is developing a covid treatment. The physicians I work with say that there’s no real risk if you’re under 65 and healthy.

Top Bottom