Row the Boat book club

hello-world

Reaction score
What did y'all think?

I'm probably reading into things too much, but a few things I noticed. (Paraphrased quotes).

1 - He says some things that were obvious, but I wasn't sure were obvious to him. For example, in reference to personnel choices in 2017, "We could have won more games in 2017." In reference to Howden's interception against Penn State after his dismal 2018 season, "I was happy for him because he had failed a lot in 2018." Howden's interception: .

2 - He discussed his use of timeouts, if briefly, in discussing the game against Auburn. Simon had put in a play call to throw to Witham, and Fleck called a timeout because he didn't like the play. He checked with Simon, and the offense, to see if they wanted to keep the play, they said yes, and this moment was born: . If those are the types of conversations that Fleck is having during his flurries of timeouts, then I'm all for it. Get the play call right. You can't take the timeouts with you.

3 - He doesn't mention Kirk Ciarrocca by name anywhere in the book. I thought that was odd given how much he contributed to the Gophers offense while he was there. Rossi and Simon were both mentioned by name.

What book is this?

What did y'all think?

I'm probably reading into things too much, but a few things I noticed. (Paraphrased quotes).

1 - He says some things that were obvious, but I wasn't sure were obvious to him. For example, in reference to personnel choices in 2017, "We could have won more games in 2017." In reference to Howden's interception against Penn State after his dismal 2018 season, "I was happy for him because he had failed a lot in 2018." Howden's interception: .

2 - He discussed his use of timeouts, if briefly, in discussing the game against Auburn. Simon had put in a play call to throw to Witham, and Fleck called a timeout because he didn't like the play. He checked with Simon, and the offense, to see if they wanted to keep the play, they said yes, and this moment was born: . If those are the types of conversations that Fleck is having during his flurries of timeouts, then I'm all for it. Get the play call right. You can't take the timeouts with you.

3 - He doesn't mention Kirk Ciarrocca by name anywhere in the book. I thought that was odd given how much he contributed to the Gophers offense while he was there. Rossi and Simon were both mentioned by name.
Nice, thanks for those snippets. I need to add it to my reading list. I listened to PJ on Jon Gordon's podcast (he's the co-author) a couple days ago and it was good stuff. Not a ton that a really dedicated Gophers fan wouldn't have known or heard before, but nice stuff.

Top Bottom