"Row" Chant

fair

Reaction score
I've seen a few comments scattered around on here and on Twitter about doing a "Row" chant in a similar fashion as the Vikings' Skol chant. I love the idea, but...

The student section has already started doing a version of this! All we do is say "Row" to the beat of the guitar riff as the team walks out. Pretty simple, but it'd be awesome if the whole stadium could get in on it as well. Feel free to join our rocking back and forth as well, though I know that's harder to coordinate with strangers :)

Saturday should make the crowd scene above look like finals week at Wilson. My cheerleader-to-be youngest is losing her mind in anticipation

I mentioned this before - I see no reason why the band can't do something similar, standing in place. They don't have to bunch together and can be ready to play just as quickly as when they're just standing there.

The Ski-U-Mah chant would have been cool, but it was more complicated than what we're used to. You had to explain it to people. This "Row" chant is simple, people can pick up on it instantly.

I like it. First time I could hear audible Row, but I think students have been doing this all this year.

I know Chris Long is at KSTP and I love that vid. However I am not on social media, for those of you that are, please post that clip on all your social media accounts and ask your friends to re post to all their contacts asking those in the entire stadium to join the student section in the row chant and the wave movement they do. Its my hope that all the media outlets pick it up and show it during their sports reports asking all those in attendance to take up the cause. Lets make this happen!!! Lets roll the Bank to a gophers a Victory Formation!!

Love it! Definitely need to do this at the game!

This is pretty awesome. The U should really work hard to make this happen, especially since the students are already on board with it.

I've seen a few comments scattered around on here and on Twitter about doing a "Row" chant in a similar fashion as the Vikings' Skol chant. I love the idea, but...

The student section has already started doing a version of this! All we do is say "Row" to the beat of the guitar riff as the team walks out. Pretty simple, but it'd be awesome if the whole stadium could get in on it as well. Feel free to join our rocking back and forth as well, though I know that's harder to coordinate with strangers :)
I've been dreaming about this atmosphere since 1960 when I was in high school. Now it's here. Unbelievable.

This tweet was hidden in one of the PSU post-game threads. And yes, that atmosphere is something I’ve been waiting far too long to witness. It’s incredible and hopefully something that is here to stay!

I love that chant -perfect.

This is pretty awesome. The U should really work hard to make this happen, especially since the students are already on board with it.

As usual, the best traditions happen organically and come from the fans. The hockey team used to have some great chants until attendance dropped and the U clamped down on some of them.

As usual, the best traditions happen organically and come from the fans. The hockey team used to have some great chants until attendance dropped and the U clamped down on some of them.

I love this!!! I hope this spreads across the rest of the stadium so everyone in attendance is doing it.

the best time to do this is on key defensive downs.

I can‘t think of anything in all of college football that would be more intimidating to opposing offenses and motivating to our defense than to see and hear the whole stadium rocking to this “ROW” Chant.

Top Bottom