Minnesota
USC
NW
Penn St
Iowa
Washington
Nebraska
We only play Iowa once and it's there.
Who else is vulnerable? Surprised USC isn't at the bottom of the Top 45 list.

For those that want to actually see the list referenced in the OP subject:

Go Gophers!!

Hmmmmm... Texas a&m high on that list... P.p may have made the right call if winning is as important as $$

Nobody respects our Gophs in Football or Basketball. We can be Top 10-20 type and they'll throw us outside the Top 45.

However, we definitely have to earn our way into the Top 45 with how we've performed the past 3 years.

Nobody respects our Gophs in Football or Basketball. We can be Top 10-20 type and they'll throw us outside the Top 45.

However, we definitely have to earn our way into the Top 45 with how we've performed the past 3 years.
When is the last time that has happened?

But when have the gophers been a top 10 type team but not been in the top 45? I can’t remember a scenario like that.
Sure, I guess maybe I'm reaching for that exact situation. But I'd imagine most years the Gophers are going to be undervalued in both Basketball and Football because nobody expects anything out of Gopher Sports nationally.

I appreciate you keeping me honest here

It's the point of the list...slotting teams after all the transfers.
Doesn't change the fact that the rosters are still changing so doing the ranking now is pointless. There are guys in the draft that might return and there are still a ton of players in the portal looking for new homes. Teams may not be losing any more players at this point, but they are still adding and one or two key additions could drastically change a teams outlook.

It's the point of the list...slotting teams after all the transfers
Yep. It has never been less predictable than this though. The average BIG eighTEeN team will end up having 4 incoming portal transfers and 2-3 HS recruits. So the average team is remaking 50% of their roster. We know the relative quality of the players, but how this all gels into actual team play is a real wild card.

Yep. It has never been less predictable than this though. The average BIG eighTEeN team will end up having 4 incoming portal transfers and 2-3 HS recruits. So the average team is remaking 50% of their roster. We know the relative quality of the players, but how this all gels into actual team play is a real wild card.
Yep, will almost certainly be some teams that surprise and some that disappoint but with all the turnover it is really hard to say which teams will fall into each category.

I think the over/under listed at 4.5 for the football team this coming year says it all for me
They will win more than that, lots of expierence on the defensive side of the ball. Depends how Brosmer acclimates to the new system.

They will win more than that, lots of expierence on the defensive side of the ball. Depends how Brosmer acclimates to the new system.
I agree. I can't believe that's what Vegas set it as.

Doesn't change the fact that the rosters are still changing so doing the ranking now is pointless. There are guys in the draft that might return and there are still a ton of players in the portal looking for new homes. Teams may not be losing any more players at this point, but they are still adding and one or two key additions could drastically change a teams outlook.
Come November...How many teams on the list of 45 will no longer be there?
How many teams not listed will climb their way in?
It's somebody's list....yours would have have a different order...you might even include 4 or 5 different teams but it's a pretty dang good idea we where we stand after the flurry of activity in April of who the better teams on paper emerged as.
Come February, the list will be different but I kind of like to know what the overall landscape looks like in May.
Maybe you could offer some value and tell us which big Ten teams not on the list should be.

Come November...How many teams on the list of 45 will no longer be there?
How many teams not listed will climb their way in?
It's somebody's list....yours would have have a different order...you might even include 4 or 5 different teams but it's a pretty dang good idea we where we stand after the flurry of activity in April of who the better teams on paper emerged as.
Come February, the list will be different but I kind of like to know what the overall landscape looks like in May.
Maybe you could offer some value and tell us which big Ten teams not on the list should be.
lol....I have no idea what all these teams are going to look like in November.....that's the point.

There has been massive roster turnover all over college basketball. So putting stock in any "experts" rankings right now when rosters aren't even set and nobody has seen these remade teams in action is pointless. It is right in line with all the way-too-early rankings that are purely to fill space during the off season.

lol....I have no idea what all these teams are going to look like in November.....that's the point.

There has been massive roster turnover all over college basketball. So putting stock in any "experts" rankings right now when rosters aren't even set and nobody has seen these remade teams in action is pointless. It is right in line with all the way-too-early rankings that are purely to fill space during the off season.
Then ignore the thread if it bothers you so much. I'd prefer to have some idea what to expect.
I'm interested. You say you aren't...ignore it.

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 10.36.11 PM.png
If I got the logos right...this one has 9 big Ten teams. USC makes the list at 36.

8 B1G teams I think?
I'm guessing:
Indiana 14
Purdue 18
UCLA 25
Maryland 26
Ohio St 28
Michigan St 30
Rutgers 31
Illinois 32
USC 36
That's 9 but I could have identified several wrong...25, 28, 30 I'm confident in. :)

Kansas #1 on both
Alabama #2 and 8
Houston # 3 and 2
Baylor #4 and 5
Iowa St # 5 and 4
UCONN #6 and 7
North Carolina #7 and 10
Gonzaga #8 and 3
Purdue #9 and 18
Duke #10 and 8
Auburn#11 and 13
Texas A&M #12 and 19
Arkansas #13 and 21
Arizona #14 and 9
Indiana #15 and 14
Ohio St #16 and 28
Marquette #17 and 15
Florida #18 and 24
Tennessee #19 and 17
Xavier #20 and 16
So pretty consistent on the top 20...I'll leave other 20 for someone else or another time.

Payne was offered 600K by MN
Christie was offered 750K by MN
Hawkins was offered 400K by MN

They all left, they did not want to play for the coach. Its not money. Thats a weak, old, tired, and fake excuse.
Yeah, it is starting to look like the Pitino squad that left when Ben took over was the rule and not the exception.

They all left, they did not want to play for the coach. Its not money. Thats a weak, old, tired, and fake excuse.
LOL.

If this was true...I'd be calling for a new coach for the Gophers.

I could see a timeline where two of the three might be in the neighborhood of true. But I don't think we offered Payne 400, 500, 600K. Just me...Payne supposedly wanted out, we know his health problems, never seemed like he and Ben connected....so it would seem surprising to beg him to stay.

I could see a timeline where two of the three might be in the neighborhood of true. But I don't think we offered Payne 400, 500, 600K. Just me...Payne supposedly wanted out, we know his health problems, never seemed like he and Ben connected....so it would seem surprising to beg him to stay.
@Gopher_In_NYC I admitted from the start that my Barnstormers idea was just tossing out thoughts.

Shouldn't you be more on top of stuff like this?

Top Bottom