Rotation...

Loved the rotation tonight. Way to go, Tubby.
Haha, yeah...that'll be the rotation if we win by 30 every game.

Based on what Tubby has done when the games are close this year, he'll go with the guys he can trust...a number of the guys who saw some clock tonight probably won't see the floor tomorrow.

Yup, Iverson was utilized correctly for once. Paul Carter got into it again, and even Bostick hit some nice threes. Joseph stole the show tonight though IMO. Tubby also kept Westbrook from trying to take the game into his own hands. Everyone plays better when Westy is off the court IMO.

Keep the best players on the floor and bring in the scrubs at the end when you are up by 20!

Yup, Iverson was utilized correctly for once. Paul Carter got into it again, and even Bostick hit some nice threes. Joseph stole the show tonight though IMO. Tubby also kept Westbrook from trying to take the game into his own hands. Everyone plays better when Westy is off the court IMO.

Westbrook played well tonight IMO. He let the game come to him as part of a team. Good for him and I'd have to credit Tubby for getting him in that mindset as well.

Tubby also kept Westbrook from trying to take the game into his own hands. Everyone plays better when Westy is off the court IMO.

Not a fair analysis of LW at all tonight. Westbrook was all over Battle tonight on the defensive end and played unselfishly on offense. Even though Battle was hobbled, it was still a great job of getting in his face and limiting him. Westy had some great minutes tonight and had a great 10 points in the second half to seal it.

Just looking at the boxscore since I didn't have access to the BTN tonight, I was surprised that Tubby didn't go to our bench a little more. From what I read, we had a pretty comfortable lead most of the game. Why not give the starters a little more rest? It sounds like we would've been fine giving Williams, Carter, and Cobbs some more PT. I feel like Carter hasn't been getting as many minutes as he deserves. I guess he isn't the greatest defender though...

If Bostick plays a single minute tomorrow I will be very disappointed in the coach.

He didn't stop playing the starters till so late because this team needs to be rolling when they play Michigan State. You don't want to rest the starters the last 10 minutes and ruin the momentum you have. You don't want to have to find the right flow the first 5 minutes of the game tomorrow.

If Bostick plays a single minute tomorrow I will be very disappointed in the coach.

He didn't stop playing the starters till so late because this team needs to be rolling when they play Michigan State. You don't want to rest the starters the last 10 minutes and ruin the momentum you have. You don't want to have to find the right flow the first 5 minutes of the game tomorrow.
And he probably had that Illinois game in the back of his mind, like I did.

playing time

I like the rotation, I do think he could've played the bench more with the lead. It seems like Colton doesn't get rewarded enough for playing well. Anyone else outplaying the starter in 3 straight games would be starting. Good win!!

The rotation was fine. The starters needed to play to continue to gain confidence and momentum for the entire team, especially with PSU pressing with like 8 left to go. I'm not too worried about these guys' legs. They all played AAU ball where they'd play 3 games (granted with less intensity) a day for 2 or 3 days straight, and they play the late game tomorrow. Plus we're not really pressing and expending a ton of energy, either.

Top Bottom