Roster

I do like the looks of Mashburn. He makes plays. He's inconsistent and has some rough edges to sand off, but he's a freshman.

Mashburn still has some things to figure out especially defensively. I think many people are high on him right now because Marcus has been bad the last few weeks. If Mashburn was starting over Carr when we went 5-4 against ranked teams people would have called for Pitino's head for that decision.

He deserves to play but I think his minutes are about right right now. Now, if he took some of Gabe's minutes and was on the floor at the same time as Carr I'd be ok with that. He hasn't been a great shooter but I think I trust his shot more than Gabe's.

Mashburn still has some things to figure out especially defensively. I think many people are high on him right now because Marcus has been bad the last few weeks. If Mashburn was starting over Carr when we went 5-4 against ranked teams people would have called for Pitino's head for that decision.

He deserves to play but I think his minutes are about right right now. Now, if he took some of Gabe's minutes and was on the floor at the same time as Carr I'd be ok with that. He hasn't been a great shooter but I think I trust his shot more than Gabe's.
Gabe is by miles a better defender and brings more length

Gabe is by miles a better defender and brings more length
Miles is probably an understatement. If he can take minutes from Gach and be able to man up a bigger dude I'm all for it too. I just don't see him starting and taking 20 minutes away from Carr ever.

Top Bottom