Rossow: Leidner doesnt need to put up ridiculous numbers. He just needs to be trusted

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Rossow:

If there’s something for Gophers’ fans to take solace in, it’s the fact most of Leidner’s wins haven’t been pretty. He simply finds a way to win in the constraints of the offense. His record as a starter is 11-6 when he’s finished with fewer than 200 yards passing, and he’s thrown for 200 yards or more in only three of his 17 career victories.

In other words, Leidner doesn’t need to put up ridiculous numbers. He just needs to be trusted. His glimpses of stardom are clouded by reccurring skipped and sailed passes. But he’s the quarterback of a 2016 Gophers team with a lot of potential.

Tapping into that potential with innovative offensive schemes, while trusting Leidner to execute, would be a welcomed sight for Gophers fans. Judging by the end of the half sequence, there still isn’t a ton of that trust coming his way from the headsets.

http://www.1500espn.com/gophers-2/2...atism-display-gophers-30-23-win-oregon-state/

Go Gophers!!

Math:

17 career victories
11 of them with <200 yards
3 of them with =>200 yards

How did the other 3 wins occur?

Math:

17 career victories
11 of them with <200 yards
3 of them with =>200 yards

How did the other 3 wins occur?

Do you know how many of those wins came against Non-Conference opponents?

He reminds of former Viking QB Joe Kapp. His passes looked like a wounded teal.

the problem I have with Leidner this year and was rumored to be healthier than previous years still puts up terrible number. His running is nice but that is what will get him beat up again. He needs to pass-- the RB's need to run

the problem I have with Leidner this year and was rumored to be healthier than previous years still puts up terrible number. His running is nice but that is what will get him beat up again. He needs to pass-- the RB's need to run

Leidner is what he is. we have known this for 3 years.

Leidner=ugly wins.

From what we have seen in the past, the Gopher D needs to be able to keep the Gophers in the game until Mitch and crew get going. Slow starts seem to be a hallmark of Gopherball with Mitch under center.

I like Mitch, he's no super star QB, but he also didn't throw an int in game 1, an int at a bad time would have ended it.

I was happy to see him running in a healthy way in game 1.

I like Mitch, he's no super star QB, but he also didn't throw an int in game 1, an int at a bad time would have ended it.

I was happy to see him running in a healthy way in game 1.

It's kind of like, I shot 100 today on the golf course, but I didn't lose any golf balls. Leidner causes me to drink, and sadly, I still think he is our best option.

It's kind of like, I shot 100 today on the golf course, but I didn't lose any golf balls. Leidner causes me to drink, and sadly, I still think he is our best option.

I'm thinking more like if it was golf he always makes the cut, but then so what because that is kinda it.

Still I like the guy for some reason. I don't doubt his heart and love seeing him scramble.

Top Bottom