Rossow: Gophers coaches should redshirt their young quarterbacks

Last year Streveler and Perra were listed on the depth chart while Croft wasn't but when they felt they finally needed a change from Mitch, it was Demry that played, not the other guys that were ahead of him on the depth chart.

Despite all the Croft Rhoda handwringing. The buzz is that the best #2 is Mark Williams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he's talking about what the depth chart might not tell you, and you're talking about what you want to belive, they are not the same things.

So it's a belief vs a belief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the link to last year's depth charts.

http://m.gophersports.com/m/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/game-notes.html

Streveler is back-up through the non-conference. All of a sudden Croft moves into back-up for NU and, lo and behold, Croft plays. I guess one could believe that Croft beat out Streveler that week, I guess. I don't. If Leidner has no injuries/ issues, Croft redshirts and Streveler mops up. Same this year with Croft/ Rhoda.

The coaches' jobs are on the line and ticket sales are falling.
So one could presume that self survival alone is the basis of all decisions this year.
At this point in time there is a very big drop off from the current QB and his backups and a smaller margin between the backups.

The coaches' jobs are on the line and ticket sales are falling.
So one could presume that self survival alone is the basis of all decisions this year.
At this point in time there is a very big drop off from the current QB and his backups and a smaller margin between the backups.

I don't think sales impacts Claeys job status.... Ws and Ls do.

Firing Claeys and bringing in random coaching prospect #28 won't help, and the only thing that would sell tickets would be an established big name who isn't coming here anyway.

Top Bottom