Rossi leaving for DC at Michigan St

I think it was an interview after the Purdue game in discussing the defensive shortcomings where Fleck started to mention some “internal” issues before biting his tongue. My first thought was uh oh, something’s up with Rossi. Almost like he mailed it in.

I think it was an interview after the Purdue game in discussing the defensive shortcomings where Fleck started to mention some “internal” issues before biting his tongue. My first thought was uh oh, something’s up with Rossi. Almost like he mailed it in.
Yes, he mailed it in and ended up with more money...doesn't pass the smell test.

Last edited:

This. Somebody was spending time on Indeed.com instead of reaming out DB and LB coaches, or reading Disrupting mediocre quarterbacks for dummies.

Next.

Speaking of Claeys just saw Jay Sawvel named head coach of Wyoming. Also heard DB standout Antonio Thompson portaling to Laramie.

Anybody on here thinks it’s a money issue you’re just plain dumb. PJ has a whole pool of money he didn’t use this year because a bunch of his assistant coaches don’t qualify for more than what they are getting paid. He would’ve ponied up another couple hundred grand to keep Rossi here. What a shit show.
As I said above, PJ had an extra $700K allotted that he didn’t use. Could have bumped Rossi to $1.8K to keep him. Either Rossi wanted out for some reason or he’s getting almost $2M/season from State. We’ll see.

For whatever reason, outside of a few bright spots at d-line, this Gopher defense was smaller, less athletic and less physical than we’ve seen in, what, 5 years? Maybe Rossi saw that he wasn’t going to replicate the talent he had a few years ago and decided to bail.

As I said above, PJ had an extra $700K allotted that he didn’t use. Could have bumped Rossi to $1.8K to keep him. Either Rossi wanted out for some reason or he’s getting almost $2M/season from State. We’ll see.
May have gotten a raise very soon, like usual if he'd stayed. Happens after bowl game each season.

Where are you seeing that budget? So essentially with the 300k buyout we have over 2 mil available now by your numbers. That’s more than any college DC made last year as far as I can tell.

Where are you seeing that budget? So essentially with the 300k buyout we have over 2 mil available now by your numbers. That’s more than any college DC made last year as far as I can tell.
Ryan Burns has said it many times on his podcasts. After the bowl game last year many of the assistants got raises. Burns, and I think the Strib as well, have reported many times that PJ chose not to use $700K of what he had available at that time. Was it still available for him to offer when Rossi came to him and said I’m leaving? Who knows??

Yeah, laughed at that too. Must not have been there.
Lansing/East Lansing is a dump, well that might be harsh, we'll call it gritty. Those cities cant meet the amenities of Twin Cities, but that region is a captive market. Sparty is the dominant news there. The Gophers are covered here like an afterthought, it's Vikings and whomever else. The fan and financial support is there good times and bad for Sparty, so I can see how Sparty may be more attractive.

Last edited:

Mat Ishbia
Worth $5.1B, per Forbes
Old man started regional mortgage company and he took it national after graduating from MSU.
Walk on PG for Izzo
Donated the money 💰 for buyout of Mel Tucker
Also owns Phoenix Suns - legit Billionaire, as the pro leagues truly vet owners
He’s the perfect guy you’d want to be involved in rhe NiL - he’s their Phil Knight, T. Boone Pickens

We need our own billionaire!!!!!

Yes, he mailed it in and ended up with more money...doesn't pass the smell test.
The new coach of that “other” B1G team in Michigan is coming from that “other PAC10 school in Oregon and wants to get a leg-up on the “former” PAC10 coaches who are “new” B1G member schools who came to the B1G when their schools joined the B1G.

Coach Rossi will be a comfort blanket for the other team from Michigan as the coach there coaches in his first B1G season. In essence, Rossi will be a: “living, breathing cheat sheet…cliff’s notes introduction to B1G 101 instructor…” for the new coach from the “other” B1G school from Michigan!

Top Bottom