Rossi & Ciarrocca Extended w/ Healthy Raises

Rossi’s salary will rank 6th in the B1G and Ciarrocca's 8th. I would have liked to see Rossi 4th and Ciarrocca is about right.

OyWb9CO.gif

Agree with Rossi, Kirk needs to get some imagination regarding the passing game and routes. Quickly!

How are more teams not coming after Rossi?

At $1.15M per year, he'd probably need to take a pay cut to get a head coaching job at a non-Power 5 school, the most likely way for an assistant coach to jump to a head coaching job. There are only a handful of Power 5 jobs, and those typically go to experienced head coaches.

At $1.15M per year, he'd probably need to take a pay cut to get a head coaching job at a non-Power 5 school, the most likely way for an assistant coach to jump to a head coaching job. There are only a handful of Power 5 jobs, and those typically go to experienced head coaches.
I was thinking more in terms of offers from blue bloods wanting a DC more so than HC offers.

It's hard to really know how much of our playcalling decisions are KC and how many of them are PJ.

I like that they are both back. Also, very curious about Bob's query. Maybe with different QB going into the season we have different play calling? We don't have RB's who have proven to me that as the #1 back they can get the necessary yards. No matter what we are running but it sway the numbers a bit.

I was thinking more in terms of offers from blue bloods wanting a DC more so than HC offers.
Let’s see, I make more money than most head coaches and my family doesn’t have to move around…

This ain’t a video game.

Kirk was going to make $1 million in 2020, so he’s still below that. The loyalty tax made him much cheaper last year.

I know the Rossi’s really like it here. Especially Joe’s wife. It’s the longest they’ve been at one stops and the stability has been a plus.

They have a solid group of friends in the neighborhood all with similar aged kids.

If it’s DC here with manageable expectations and a 7 figure salary or risk moving every 2-3 years, maybe they’re content?

Let’s see, I make more money than most head coaches and my family doesn’t have to move around…

This ain’t a video game.
He doesn’t make more than most head coaches and he doesn’t make more than quite a few coordinators.

This ain’t a video game.

This can be a very big deal. Having gotten to know some of the families that assisted here before I have seen how assistant coaching in NCAA football can be extremely hard on a family unit.

Some guys have no desire to be a head coach. Rossi has never been a head coach at any level. Fingers crossed he is one of those guys.

Some of it has to be, where is there to go? A "promotion" is either a move to a DC to what is likely only a very small list of programs, or an HC gig at a much smaller school that maybe has shit for resources, not a serious commitment from the school administration, or a lengthy losing culture where you're likely going to be set up for failure.

I would imagine he's taking this very seriously, whether or not any kind of move is really a good move for him and his career. He's got plenty of time

Top Bottom