Rose Bowl Parade

Veritas

Banned
Reaction score
I know this is "too early" and that some of you would much prefer going the National Championship route. Got it. Got it. However, some of us might be interested in this other route too.

I have been doing some research on this eventuality. Prices for grandstand, reserved seats run from as little as $60 to as high as $110. There are many other events, such as float viewing, for lower prices. Depending on where you sit you must be to the parking lots by 6am and in your seat by 7am. If your seats are more mid parade you could be an hour later. The parade starts at 8am and ends at about 10am. The difference in price has more to do with things like trees in the way and degree of overall security provided in that area. For example, the expensive seats are at the beginning of the parade where the VIP types will be and thus security will be very tight. Some folk may even want to do the "find a place to stand" route. Not me.

Here is the official site, if we should get to this point.

Hi I live out here in LA and have gone to the rose parade several times as I have a sister in law who lives in Pasadena. She used to live right off of the parade route. Here are a few tips. The night before the parade the floats start to line up. If you get there around midnight you can get up close to the floats for free, there's a lot going on at night with people camping overnight and just walking the streets. Just need to find parking since Pasadena starts closing off streets in the evening. Also, you can get there early in the morning and get a street spot along Colorado for free. I've done that a few times and have not had a problem getting a spot. After the parade the floats will all be at a gathering spot where, again, you can get up close to the floats for free.

If we go to the Rose Bowl, I'm planning to go to the game and the parade. The Rose Bowl game now dominates the event, but once upon the time, the game was just an added attraction for the Tournament of Roses.

I had looked at that same site last week. Saw that the grandstand ticket prices were in the $60's and there were opportunities to get a street spot. I noticed there was a "gold line" light rail that went by not too far so that looks like an option too. Perhaps parking near a light rail station farther away and taking the train to the parade and then picking a spot that is within walking distance of the Rose Bowl. Those were my take-aways from looking at the parade route maps and doing a bit of daydreaming, last week.

I had looked at that same site last week. Saw that the grandstand ticket prices were in the $60's and there were opportunities to get a street spot. I noticed there was a "gold line" light rail that went by not too far so that looks like an option too. Perhaps parking near a light rail station farther away and taking the train to the parade and then picking a spot that is within walking distance of the Rose Bowl. Those were my take-aways from looking at the parade route maps and doing a bit of daydreaming, last week.

The closer to the Bowl, the more expensive the seat. But there do seem to be quite a few places where one could stand. I was told that there will be people who will sleep out overnight.

if you want to be within walking distance of the Rose Bowl you need to find a spot near Orange Grove and Colorado. Near the Norton Simon museum. Should be plenty of spots along Orange Grove. the parade starts just a few blocks down Orange Grove from Colorado.

The Pearland HS Marching Band will be there! (I live in Pearland, TX).

Top Bottom