Rooting interest week 6

Some guy

Reaction score
Purdue @ Maryland
I’m suddenly interested in Maryland football and want them to win badly. And I think they do! This would put the gopher’s destiny back in their own hands.

Nebraska @ Rutgers (Friday)
Honestly I think that Rutgers wins the game. And I tend to want Rutgers. But this is a win win. Nebraska losing would enhance the narrative about the west being weak. Especially if Maryland beats Purdue. This game is less critical.

Wisconsin @ Northwestern
A Wisconsin loss would be sweet

Iowa @ Illinois
With Iowa having Ohio state on the schedule still I think I actually want Iowa to beat Illinois.
If Illinois wins the Mn vs IL game becomes huge for both teams chances in the west. Me saying Iowa means I am more afraid of Illinois than Iowa. Iowa is what they are. I’m not sure what Illinois is yet and that’s scarier.

With Wisconsin coach fired that northwestern game is even more interesting to me

Purdue @ Maryland
I’m suddenly interested in Maryland football and want them to win badly. And I think they do! This would put the gopher’s destiny back in their own hands.
Yup. Need Purdue to lose now. Their toughest games left are @Maryland, @Wisconsin, Iowa, and @Illinois. Need them to lose at least 2 of those.

Purdue @ Maryland

Nebraska @ Rutgers (Friday)
Honestly I think that Rutgers wins the game. And I tend to want Rutgers. But this is a win win. Nebraska losing would enhance the narrative about the west being weak. Especially if Maryland beats Purdue. This game is less critical.

Wisconsin @ Northwestern
A Wisconsin loss would be sweet

Iowa @ Illinois
With Iowa having Ohio state on the schedule still I think I actually want Iowa to beat Illinois.
If Illinois wins the Mn vs IL game becomes huge for both teams chances in the west. Me saying Iowa means I am more afraid of Illinois than Iowa. Iowa is what they are. I’m not sure what Illinois is yet and that’s scarier.
Iowa is still 0-0 in division, but I agree we want them to beat Illinois at this point.

At this point we basically need everyone in the West to lose their crossover games whenever possible. Maryland has a decent shot of knocking off Purdue which would be great considering they now have the head to head tie breaker against us.

Nebraska may be able to out athlete Rutgers but that will also be an interesting one to keep tabs on.

Agree with those that would like to see Iowa knock off Illinois right now which seems like a really odd thing to root for. That said the good news there is that whoever loses will get a second conference loss.

I doubt Northwestern will have what it takes to knock off Wisconsin but agree that it would be kind of sweet to see it happen. Will be interesting to see how Wisconsin responds to the Chryst firing. Their remaining schedule isn't brutal but they have no margin for error left with 2 conference loses already.

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that really matters to me is that Purdue finds 2 more losses. Dropping to Maryland would be great.

Iowa is still 0-0 in division, but I agree we want them to beat Illinois at this point.

I just can't feel that way. I want to see Iowa and Wisconsin lose as often as possible this season. If that somehow costs us the division title, so be it. I didn't need a division title to thoroughly enjoy 2019 but beating at least one of those teams was the only thing missing from that season.

Last edited:

I just can't feel that way. I want to see Iowa and Wisconsin lose as often as possible this season. If that somehow costs us the division title, so be it. I didn't need a division title to thoroughly enjoy 2019 but beating at least one of those teams was the only thing missing from that season.
Illinois beating or losing to Iowa has little to no bearing on the MN vs IA game and Mn vs WI game

Top Bottom