Rooting for any Cinderella's?

march madness

Reaction score
IF the gophers don't make the NCAA I may be rooting for Northern Iowa. They have Ahelegbe from Minnesota. They are a fun team, with lots of shooters. They aren't very athletic, but they play within their abilities. They know how to use a slow 7 footer. They bang. If they get a good draw I like their chances more than Butler to get to the sweet 16 or further. Their best players are Juniors and Seniors.

I like the CAA a great deal. I am rooting for ODU to prove that, auto-bid notwithstanding, they belong in the Dance! I would love to see them get a nice seed, upset a team or 2 and end up in the Sweet 16.

mm

IF the gophers don't make the NCAA I may be rooting for Northern Iowa. They have Ahelegbe from Minnesota. They are a fun team, with lots of shooters. They aren't very athletic, but they play within their abilities. They know how to use a slow 7 footer. They bang. If they get a good draw I like their chances more than Butler to get to the sweet 16 or further. Their best players are Juniors and Seniors.

No.

Probably not what you consider a Cinderella, but I like Baylor.

BYU (not sure if Cougars can be called a Cinderella, but they're fun to watch), Cornell and Richmond are teams that could do some damage (Sweet 16?). BYU hasn't won a first-round game in ages, but I think that streak ends this time around.

I root for any-and-all Cinderellas come March. Not only is it fun rooting against the Dukes of the world, but it shows younger kids that they can go anywhere and make a big impact - not just the traditional powers. Although MN isn't a true mid-major cinderella, we are both alike in the fact that we rarely attract the top of the top HS talent.

No.

Probably not what you consider a Cinderella, but I like Baylor.

I do as well, they are a solid team. That last game against Texas they looked tough. If they get a decent draw I think they can be a sweet 16 team.

I'm rooting for MN in the B10 tourney, that would be a Cinderalla story...

I always root for Gonzaga, although not a Cinderella...also I love to cheer for Seton Hall as well, but they are not very good this year.

Seton Hall isn't dead in the water! they could get in the Dance w/ a solid showing in the BEast Tourney, which could lead to some momentum going into next weekend...they are better this year than they have been.

better...

I do as well, they are a solid team. That last game against Texas they looked tough. If they get a decent draw I think they can be a sweet 16 team.

I think they get Texas again Thursday in the Big 12 touney. Can they beat them 3 times I wonder?

If they do well this week Baylor could be a 4 seed.

UTEP. They have the athletes to compete with anybody. Randy Culpepper is explosive and watch out if he goes off. They should be a very tough draw for some 7 or 8 seed.

What about Saint Mary's?

The best team no one has heard of. They are 26-5 and just crushed Gonzaga in the WCC tourney. Not a team you want to play early in the NCAA.

Would love to see them win 2 or 3 games.

I'll be rooting for Big Ten teams and Virginia Tech (parents alums, brother attending), but that's it. Cinderellas can suck it. I'd rather see the teams I picked in my bracket win than some Cinderella beat them :D

When I first saw this Thread Title, the first thing I though of was St.Mary's, so believe it or not, I agree with Les Bolstad.

Then again I think m2s/ml and/or LittleGopherFan might be Cinderellas in disguise.

I like Wofford, Murray St and Richmond as possible first round "cinderella's". I also agree on UTEP. Depending on the draw, I can see them possibly making it to the Elite 8.

I hope that one of these years a 16 will upset a 1.

Top Bottom