Rodney Williams

Schlic,

>>This may be the most athletic Gopher team in history.<<

I realize this team may have displayed its athleticism before you were born, but might I suggest the 1972 Gophers? Ron Behagen, Jim Brewer, Clyde Turner, Corky Taylor, Dave Winfield, and Bob Nix were pretty damn good athletes...and the rest of the roster wasn't too shabby either.

"I realize this team may have displayed its athleticism before you were born, but might I suggest the 1972 Gophers? Ron Behagen, Jim Brewer, Clyde Turner, Corky Taylor, Dave Winfield, and Bob Nix were pretty damn good athletes...and the rest of the roster wasn't too shabby either".

It's human evolution. Players today are far more athletic than 30 years ago.[/QUOTE]
________
Mercury Marquis

Yeah, right. Even Darwin knew that significant change required longer than one generation.

Every generation is producing better and better athletes. Guys from as recent as the 40's and 50's would not even compete with the athletes of today.
________
Vaporizer

Sorry, but we had better than "guys" on our roster in 72. I was comparing that elite roster with our current "guys"! I agree that today's average players are more athletic than average players of 50 years ago.

Underground, sorry to have misunderstood you. Good night...

Top Bottom