Rodney Williams

rychart45

Reaction score
If Rodney comes back next year and plays even close to how he's played the last few weeks, I hope there is a front page article in the sports section of the Strib on senior day. He's been a different player recently, and we're having success because of it.

If Rodney comes back and plays consistentlylike he has the last couple of weeks, he could become that lottery pick people have talked about.

Rodney's development has been noticeable and significant. Assuming he comes back, he will have a similar growth projection that Quincy had. I can't recall a guy get better every single year at the level that Q did and to become a star by his senior year. I think Rodney could have a similar growth pattern. We've had guys improve every year (ARob, Hagen, etc.) but no one make such big leaps year after year to be come a star since Q, and now Rodney has a chance to replicate that.

Go Gophers!!

His confidence has increased the past few weeks. His mid range jumper still isn't great, but it doesn't seem to be scared to take that shot.

Rodney has a look in his eye that I haven't seen before. He's been kind of possessed out there. No guarantees that it carries over to next season, but it's a promising sign.

Notice how his stroke at the line has improved as well. It's not fair to psychoanalyze a player, but Rodney has said in the past that he didn't handle disappointment well. Now he has greater confidence which shows in his willingness to sky to the rim far more frequently. While Dakich can be full of himself as a commentator, he did make a legit point about Rodney's keeping his head up while finishing. This is about maturity and maybe just a little bit of coaching. Bravo Rodney. Keep flying.

Rodney and playing the "4" pf slot.

Rodney is playing out of this world right now. Next year, I just hope Tubby leaves him at the 4 and that we rarely if ever see the double high post offense. If Trevor returns I hope we can play him at the 5 mostly. I know we would have EE and Walker needing minutes but I just think we are a better team playing small.

Can you imagine Dre and Trevor running a pick and roll?

With every game that goes by, it makes the "Tubby can't develop talent" argument sound more and more ridiculous. Dre and Rodney are leaps and bounds ahead of where they were at in November.

Rodney is playing out of this world right now. Next year, I just hope Tubby leaves him at the 4 and that we rarely if ever see the double high post offense. If Trevor returns I hope we can play him at the 5 mostly. I know we would have EE and Walker needing minutes but I just think we are a better team playing small.

Can you imagine Dre and Trevor running a pick and roll?

I think one of the nice things about Rodney as of late is he's starting to show more of those "3" skills, taking it to the cup from the perimeter, hitting some outside shots, not immediately looking for a pass when he gets it up top every time. I think if he was pushed back to the three, he may not score as much, but he'd still be more effective than he was in the past.

I think one of the nice things about Rodney as of late is he's starting to show more of those "3" skills, taking it to the cup from the perimeter, hitting some outside shots, not immediately looking for a pass when he gets it up top every time. I think if he was pushed back to the three, he may not score as much, but he'd still be more effective than he was in the past.

He is looking very good, somehow he grew into something much better since the start of the Big Ten tourney. Could have used this Rodney at the end of the Mich St game, where he looked like he didn't want the ball in the late game minutes. And now he looks like he needs to dunk the ball starting at the half court line. Someone must have said to him, "A man has to know his limits" and he decided to set out to find his.

If Rodney developed a reliable mid-range jumper, he'd be B1G player of the year.

Tubtastic said:
If Rodney developed a reliable mid-range jumper, he'd be B1G player of the year.

Needs to improve his handles and add a better dribble drive, but agree. He seems to be making great progress. Can't wait to see him next year!

Top Bottom