Rodney Williams looked great

GopherinPhilly

Reaction score
man...threes, blocks, steals and that huge dunk...great game and this kid is the real deal...at least how he looked tonight.

Agreed

For some reason, he didn't play much in the second half, basically the last couple minutes if I recall correctly. He did knock down a late 3 though, putting him in double digits.

Yeah, Rodney certainly showed off that athleticism tonight. Monster dunk, hits a three and had a big-time swat in the first half as well. I liked what I saw from Cobbs too. That kid has a serious motor and seems to be looking to get teammates involved from the moment he brings it into the front court.

Overall, it's tough to get a full read based on this game. UMD was completely overmatched, but certainly the guys looked pretty good for the most part.

I thought it was interesting that Rodney's been in Royce's shadow for a long time. It would seem he's gotten out from behind that in a big way tonight.

Saw Rodney, Royce, Devoe, Al, Colton, and Damian at Applebee's tonight after the game which was pretty cool. At least looks like Royce is sticking around with the team for the time being which is a positive.

Rodney looked very good.. I'm very optimistic that now that he's on a team where he can focus on his perimeter game, he will excel. He played mostly in the post in high school, simply due to necessity on that Cooper team.

Rodney

I mentioned after the tip-off scrimmage that I thought Rodney would be more a factor than Royce because of his unique talents! Damian was a beast tonight - he is just awesome on defense!!!
Joseph can jolt the offense and Ralph and Colton played well too! This team will be very good without Trevor and Royce - but hopefully one or both can make this team great (as long as they get over the troubles they have!)

It looks to me like Rodney is going to play a lot of minutes for his defense. Even in the half court his ability to get in the passing lane or block a shot. He could be key in late game situations making it impossible for his guy to get a shot off.

I would love to see a clip of the dunk if anyone has it.

I don't think Rodney gets enough praise for the hard work he put in to get to where he's at. He worked hard his senior year at Cooper, and by all accounts, has been a great student-athlete. His hard work and great attitude has kind of gotten lost in the upheavel in the last week. Just my opinion

Good to hear that Rodney looked alright. All he needs to do and learn in this season is to play good defense and move well without the ball disrupting the opposing defense as well as a few easy baskets. Morris Peterson earned about 18 minutes per game in his redshirt freshman year by doing just that. And, that MSU squad did not lack in talent.

Perimeter shots will be limited for Rodney in this season. But, in a year or two, he will be fine in that department, as well. Morris Peterson never learned ball-handling to the point that he could reliably keep the ball moving and create his own shots. Rodney can get ball-handling down before he graduates -- well, I hope.

Rodney needs to be the enabler for us as Morris Peterson was for MSU. One of the most interesting things over the next two seasons is his development. Just great to hear that he made a good first impression.

Top Bottom