Rodney Williams and practice facility woes

TWeber

Reaction score
http://blogs2.startribune.com/blogs/gophersbb/

I know Myron posted this a bit ago (sorry if already discussed), but two things stood out to me:

1. Rodney Williams still has not earned his qualifying ACT score - this has got to be a major concern. I think he is running out of chances to take care of this. Legitimate chance he won't qualify? If not, does he still come to the U but can't play or does he go the Juco route?

2. Practice facility money woes. I have continually heard that this is as good as done. Sounds like things might not be that clear cut? As we all know, this is a must to keep Tubby happy.

Here is a portion of a Q&A that Monter had with Rodney earlier this week:

Did you take the ACT today?

“I took it this morning. I think that this is the one.”

Have you thought about taking it again or are you just focused on this time?

“I was going to take it again regardless, never matter what score I got. Just to see if I can get it even higher.”

Have you been taking any prep classes to get ready for the test today?

“I been just going to the ACT test online and taking practice tests.”

Go Gophers!!

if he doesn't pass this time...take a damn prep class for heaven's sake... If one cannot pass by studying by themselves..doesn't mean they don't have it in them..but it probably means that the prep methods should be altered.

2. Practice facility money woes. I have continually heard that this is as good as done. Sounds like things might not be that clear cut? As we all know, this is a must to keep Tubby happy.

Myron's sources say one thing, my sources say another thing, and I'm sure someone else's sources are saying a third thing. Until I hear something more concrete than someone else's unnamed sources, I'm sticking by my story that this thing is a done deal. Even Myron concedes that, though the full sum may not be raised yet, plans are moving ahead. Sounds like there's confidence the money will be found.

Over the past couple of days, I've talked to a couple of people about the practice facility. One is very well connected with the U; the other has a strong affiliation with the U and isn't in the practice of generating talk just to talk.

They told me that the practice facility:

• is a "definite"
  • will be on the "front" of Williams ('tween Williams and Station 19)
  • will largely be "internally financed"

Though I don't know either of you, I trust Snowman and Parking's information infinately more then Myron P. Medcalf's. The one positive of the PP merging with the Star Tribune is the hopeful fact that Marcus Fuller would be the beat writer that they keep.

I agree with Snowman. I don't know how many times I have written on here that it is going to be in front of Williams and not on the side like the group think of this board is projecting but it got annoying enough I stopped correcting people.

My frustration level with that ranks right with my frustration with all of the posters on the football board that continue to talk about Keanon Cooper as a safety. Rodney Williams redshirting is probably right behind those two.

I am really excited to hear that the new practice facility is a done deal.

I have heard it is going to be built along the University Ave side of Williams. That would be the perfect location don't you think? :)

We don't know what is going on with the practice facility. Anything said here is pure speculation unless it official from the U. It will get done.

Top Bottom