Roderick Williams

Ole

Reaction score
WHO hates I O W A
Roderick Williams does.
Love this. That is all.

Rodrick Williams was on the phone scheduling a visit to the University of Iowa his senior year in high school when he told the Hawkeyes staff member he also was interested in the rival Gophers.

"The recruiting coach laughed at me and said, 'I thought you like to win,' " Williams said.

As a result, Williams added, "I committed to Minnesota that same week."

Williams, a sophomore tailback, has been thinking long and hard about how much he would like to have a big game against Iowa in the Sept. 28 Big Ten opener. This week, he's trying to build momentum for himself and the Gophers (2-0) leading up to that game.

WHO hates I O W A
Roderick Williams does.
Love this. That is all.

Rodrick Williams was on the phone scheduling a visit to the University of Iowa his senior year in high school when he told the Hawkeyes staff member he also was interested in the rival Gophers.

"The recruiting coach laughed at me and said, 'I thought you like to win,' " Williams said.

As a result, Williams added, "I committed to Minnesota that same week."

Williams, a sophomore tailback, has been thinking long and hard about how much he would like to have a big game against Iowa in the Sept. 28 Big Ten opener. This week, he's trying to build momentum for himself and the Gophers (2-0) leading up to that game.

Link?

Thanks! (Would have taken the time to find it, but I am at work. :))

EDIT: Nick Rallis has mononucleosis?!

And what's up with Ed Olsen. Off topic, but it would help all our backs if the big senior were able to play

Thanks! (Would have taken the time to find it, but I am at work. :))

EDIT: Nick Rallis has mononucleosis?!

Apparently yes, he does have the "College Freshman" disease. That does explain why Kill keeps saying he "hopes to have him back soon". Do mono cases ever come back "soon"?

Apparently yes, he does have the "College Freshman" disease. That does explain why Kill keeps saying he "hopes to have him back soon". Do mono cases ever come back "soon"?

Wouldn't think so, but not because of fatigue. The bigger concern is for trauma to the enlarged spleeen.

Wouldn't think so, but not because of fatigue. The bigger concern is for trauma to the enlarged spleeen.

Well, that and getting back into shape. Most people lose a significant amount of weight from mono (look at Charles Buggs, who didn't exactly have much spare weight to lose).

I'd imagine a kid like Rallis would need at least a bit of time to get back into game shape/strength even after getting his stamina back.

I love how a story about Roderick Williams telling Iowa to p!ss off turns into one about Nick Rallis's spleen, or spleeen for that matter. It's why I love GH!

It would be nice to know who that Ioaw coach was that he spoke to. Rivals does not indicate who directly recruited him. They have a new RB coach and new Texas recruiter, so I'll bet the guy he spoke to is gone.

iowa-pregame1.jpg

I love how a story about Roderick Williams telling Iowa to p!ss off turns into one about Nick Rallis's spleen, or spleeen for that matter. It's why I love GH!

It would be nice to know who that Ioaw coach was that he spoke to. Rivals does not indicate who directly recruited him. They have a new RB coach and new Texas recruiter, so I'll bet the guy he spoke to is gone.

View attachment 2266

My bad for bringing up the Nick Rallis Mono, highwayman. :)

Back to the original topic, I would also like to know which coach from 'ioaw' recruited him also. Would be interesting to find out.

You misunderstand--that's what I LOVE about GH!

Kinda like those times when you're on wikipedia looking something up and then end up going from subject to subject. I started out looking up who won the 1994 National Championship and end up reading about the Battle of Guam in WWII an hour later. It's like, how did I end up here?

Sorry, back to Williams. He's a load and is the perfect weapon in a run-dominant offense. Defense is tired and then you have to try and stop this guy. Hopefully Edwards can get healthy to provide that speed guy we need also.

Kinda like those times when you're on wikipedia looking something up and then end up going from subject to subject. I started out looking up who won the 1994 National Championship and end up reading about the Battle of Guam in WWII an hour later. It's like, how did I end up here?

Sorry, back to Williams. He's a load and is the perfect weapon in a run-dominant offense. Defense is tired and then you have to try and stop this guy. Hopefully Edwards can get healthy to provide that speed guy we need also.

HAHAHA! :clap: :clap: That happens to me all the time! Odd side story, I was interviewing a group of potential employees once, and a girl mentioned that starting with a topic on wikipedia and seeing where she ended up was a hobby! (Guess I am guilty of it also, I just would not call it a hobby) She called it the 'Wiki game'.

Top Bottom