Rob Ryan Should Be A Top Candidate

Gopher Fan

Reaction score
I dont know if I will have to bombard Maturi with e-mails suggesting he interview Rob Ryan for our vacant HC position.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/11/rob-ryan-hopes-rexs-success-wi.html

NY-AP425_SPRTS__G_20101110170625.jpg

What he has been doing with a Cleveland Browns defense full of guys who barely are NFL players has been impressive. They lost to the Jets on Sunday, but Ryan's defense kept them in the game for the 2nd half and OT.

I think he could be a very good college football coach. Our defense would be among the best in the country with the system he would install with a high pressure 3-4 defense. It could do wonders against our Big 10 competition who rely on running the ball to open up the passing game. Our only concern would be having an offensive coordinator that can make our offense potent enough that we can score points after forcing turnovers.

His name recognition & personality would be huge in helping him recruit.

I dont know if I will have to bombard Maturi with e-mails suggesting he interview Rob Ryan for our vacant HC position.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/11/rob-ryan-hopes-rexs-success-wi.html

NY-AP425_SPRTS__G_20101110170625.jpg

What he has been doing with a Cleveland Browns defense full of guys who barely are NFL players has been impressive. They lost to the Jets on Sunday, but Ryan's defense kept them in the game for the 2nd half and OT.

I think he could be a very good college football coach. Our defense would be among the best in the country with the system he would install with a high pressure 3-4 defense. It could do wonders against our Big 10 competition who rely on running the ball to open up the passing game. Our only concern would be having an offensive coordinator that can make our offense potent enough that we can score points after forcing turnovers.

His name recognition & personality would be huge in helping him recruit.

The quality of NFL players are much closer than you think. To say they are barley nfl players is quite absurd. Monte Kiffin and Charilie Weis haven't (didn't) exactly take college football by storm with their "Schematic Advantages", although Kiffin more the Wies.

He had success as Oklahoma State's defensive coordinator from 1997-1999. I question his desire to get back into the college game though.

Nope, still hasn't become any better (or more realistic) as a candidate since the last time you posted this.

He wants an NFL job.

I'm sure he figures if his brother can do it, he can do it.

Thats also why I'm not a huge Harbaugh guy. I think he will flee for the NFL first chance he gets to be coaching against his bro.

Top Bottom