Road Game Tickets on Sale Monday

highwayman

Knows Less Than Coaching Staff
Reaction score
"Attention Football Season Ticket Holders: As a season ticket holder, you have the chance to purchase away game tickets starting June 4 at 9:00 a.m. Please note that you must be logged into your account in order to access these games."

"Seats will be allocated based on a season ticket holder's Golden Gopher Fund annual giving level. Within each giving level, season ticket holders will be ranked by their Gopher Points total. Tickets will be allocated and shipped 2 - 4 weeks prior to each away game."

Limit of 8 per season ticketholder account, 4 for Nebraska.

"Attention Football Season Ticket Holders: As a season ticket holder, you have the chance to purchase away game tickets starting June 4 at 9:00 a.m. Please note that you must be logged into your account in order to access these games."

"Seats will be allocated based on a season ticket holder's Golden Gopher Fund annual giving level. Within each giving level, season ticket holders will be ranked by their Gopher Points total. Tickets will be allocated and shipped 2 - 4 weeks prior to each away game."

Limit of 8 per season ticketholder account, 4 for Nebraska.

We're very much looking forward to the "Road Kill Tour" starting August 30!

I'll be at every road game, other than Illinois - that conflicts with a trip to Anchorage to watch Gopher hockey.

The 4 ticket limit on Nebraska forced our group to get creative, but we're making it work.

what are the best scalping opportunities here? Physical limitations make it tough for me to road trip, but it would be nice to finanically hurt a Husker/Hawkeye/Badger fan!

We only get 3,000 tickets for these games. If you buy them the sell and make a profit, that is less Gopher fans traveling with the team.

Do all the tickets usually get sold to season ticket holders or is there an opportunity to non-season ticket holders to purchase tickets?

We only get 3,000 tickets for these games. If you buy them the sell and make a profit, that is less Gopher fans traveling with the team.

call me crazy, but I doubt we ever come close to get 3k at a game. if that was the case, I would rethink it.

The rivalry games typically sell out. I think we will easily sell out our allotment for the 3 big games.

I got my tix for UNLV, Neb., SIN-BAD, and Iowa. I'll also probably go to the ILL which would mean attending every game in person this year which would be a first in my 40-years of going to Gopher football games.

Go Gophers!

I got my tix for UNLV, Neb., SIN-BAD, and Iowa. I'll also probably go to the ILL which would mean attending every game in person this year which would be a first in my 40-years of going to Gopher football games.

Go Gophers!

This was the same purchase I made today. I will buy Illinois on StubHub for %15 face value. It will be my second time at every game, and first since 2001.

Our group just bought 6 tix to Lincoln in November. Looking forward to that trip and seeing what Big Red is all about.

Got my 4 for Nebraska, which is currently the only Big Ten stadium I haven't seen the Gophers play at. Figured I'd knock it off the list the first chance I got.

I hit every game in 2001 and almost all in 2000 (missed @ Baylor). It's an impressive feat. Nice job MNGoldenGophers1 if you can get it done this year!

I picked up Iowa and Nebraska. I am going to play it by ear for Illinois. If we're having a better than expected season I might go just to see them win on the road. Win or lose, Iowa and Nebraska will be fun.

Our group picked up 16 for the UNLV game, I got 4 for ioweeeee. Wanted to go to Nebraska, but we also have season tickets in Hockey and becky is in town that week. Hope to go to the Illinois game.

Stoked, will be headed to Nebraska along with (at least) 7 others.

Got my 4 for Nebraska, which is currently the only Big Ten stadium I haven't seen the Gophers play at. Figured I'd knock it off the list the first chance I got.

I hit every game in 2001 and almost all in 2000 (missed @ Baylor). It's an impressive feat. Nice job MNGoldenGophers1 if you can get it done this year!

Hats off to you and Omega015 for already having accomplished the feat of being an "ultimate road warrior." To hear this make me even more motivated to be part of your exclusive club! I need to buy both of you beers sometime.

Do all the tickets usually get sold to season ticket holders or is there an opportunity to non-season ticket holders to purchase tickets?

Anyone have any ideas? I was looking for Iowa tickets mainly. I'm sure they'll be sold out but didn't know for sure.

It is astonishing to me that there are at least three of us (who aren't players' parents) who went to every game in 2001. That Thursday night opener in Toledo against Chester Taylor's Rockets made it clear early on that it was going to be a rough road.

16 of us going to Nebraska. Cannot wait!

For those going to Nebraska, I would recommend getting a hotel now. My recommendations would be the Embassy Suites downtown and second the Cornhusker Hotel downtown. Rooms fill up fast and not a lot of hotels downtown currently and cab service is not good in Lincoln.

For those going to Nebraska, I would recommend getting a hotel now. My recommendations would be the Embassy Suites downtown and second the Cornhusker Hotel downtown. Rooms fill up fast and not a lot of hotels downtown currently and cab service is not good in Lincoln.

Cornhusker was booked months ago. I checked the first week they opened up for advance reservations on that weekend and they were already gone. Keep checking periodically as cancelations will happen, but I wouldn't expect it to be open unless you're a Marriott Platinum willing to pay rack rate (they'll walk someone else for you then).

GoAUpher said:
Cornhusker was booked months ago. I checked the first week they opened up for advance reservations on that weekend and they were already gone. Keep checking periodically as cancelations will happen, but I wouldn't expect it to be open unless you're a Marriott Platinum willing to pay rack rate (they'll walk someone else for you then).

Good for people to know about the Cornhusker. I didn't check availability since I grew up there and my family still lives there so I am covered. There is also a holiday Inn downtown that is just a few blocks from the stadium though the embassy suites is the best downtown. For those that cannot get a hotel downtown, you can reserve parking in downtown city ramps on the city of Lincoln website if you have to drive downtown on gameday. There is also a first come first serve tailgating lot at the Indian center lot by the old state fair grounds and it is within walking distance to the stadium.

We are staying at the Super 8 off of the highway, I think it was only $60 night and 2.5 miles to the stadium.

It is astonishing to me that there are at least three of us (who aren't players' parents) who went to every game in 2001. That Thursday night opener in Toledo against Chester Taylor's Rockets made it clear early on that it was going to be a rough road.

There definitely was "this is going to be a long year" thoughts that night for sure. But I will say, in Toledo's defense, that they were a really good team. I'm convinced they would have been no worse than top-3 in the Big Ten that season and may have even won the conference. That was a poor year for the Big Ten (which is astounding in that just one year later, 2002 was a great year for the Big Ten). We both saw the champ, Illinois. That Toledo team could have beaten Illinois.

I suppose it was just a coincidence for the time; I was a year out from the U, was single, and was making more money. The longest drives were the Toledo & Michigan games. I don't even think I took Friday's off for the IL & NW games, and if I did, I worked until at least 1. Now, 2000, driving to Columbus and then right back to Bloomington a few days later was a bit tougher.

Top Bottom