Rivals - uncommitted prospects

dpodoll68

Elite Poster
Reaction score
I thought this may be an interesting exercise to see where a late signing or two could potentially come from. Per Rivals, here is a list of players who have a Gopher offer/interest that are still uncommitted as of 12 CST today. I've also noted those who had an official visit to Minnesota:

May still be an option:
Tysean Jackson - 2-star WR, offers from us and MTSU
Michael Jones - unrated LB from Skyline; no offer, but interest from us
A.J. King - 3-star WR, committed to Purdue, they pulled offer; several BCS offers, worth a shot in my opinion
E.J. May - has had interest from Minnesota, appears to be waiting for a BCS offer
Jamare Mills - big TE/OT prospect, appears to be a perfect fit as a blocking TE for Kill; has us, Duke, and a bunch of MAC/C-USA offers
Leshundrick Morrison - 3-star S from TX, has several BCS offers; appears to be open
Devin Ogletree - WR from TX; we appear to be his only offer - offer pulled, or academics?
Jordan Stanton - 3-star ILB, only other offer is Portland St.
Carzell Vickers - 2-star WR; appears to be open, also offers from CSU and San Diego St.
Lewis Washington - 2-star ATH, was said to be down to New Mexico or CSU, but no decision as of yet
Kendall Washington - S from TX; appears to be open, also offers from AF and WSU
Zach Witchett - 3-star WR, committed to Georgia, they pulled offer; appears to be a major headcase with disciplinary issues, also has offers from Maryland, Toledo, and WVU

No shot - will commit elsewhere:
Terry Bell - wants to go to FSU, but they may not have room for him; has about 20 other BCS options, may go to Florida if they offer
Jacoby Brissett - stud 4-star QB, down to Florida, Miami, and the f'ing red menace from east of the St. Croix
Carlos Carvajal - decent, tall 3-star TE with multiple BCS offers; discipline has been an issue, apparently wants to go to Memphis for some reason
Giles Chapman - rumor is that staff pulled offer after Gardener commit; appears to be down to Illinois, SMU, and Stanford
Junior Osunde (OV 1/7) - former Gopher commit, appears that the law is forcing him to attend school in the state of Texas
Leilon Willingham - we have no shot, he has a list of 6 finalists; my guess is Michigan

I would assume we will not see anymore commitments, but if we did, it would be one of the dozen players listed in the first group.

Jacoby Brissett to Wisky makes little sense to me... Not sure why a dual threat QB with a blue chip arm would want to hand the ball off 65 times a game for the BADgers?

I thought this may be an interesting exercise to see where a late signing or two could potentially come from. Per Rivals, here is a list of players who have a Gopher offer/interest that are still uncommitted as of 12 CST today. I've also noted those who had an official visit to Minnesota:

May still be an option:
Tysean Jackson - 2-star WR, offers from us and MTSU
Michael Jones - unrated LB from Skyline; no offer, but interest from us
A.J. King - 3-star WR, committed to Purdue, they pulled offer; several BCS offers, worth a shot in my opinion
E.J. May - has had interest from Minnesota, appears to be waiting for a BCS offer
Jamare Mills - big TE/OT prospect, appears to be a perfect fit as a blocking TE for Kill; has us, Duke, and a bunch of MAC/C-USA offers
Leshundrick Morrison - 3-star S from TX, has several BCS offers; appears to be open
Devin Ogletree - WR from TX; we appear to be his only offer - offer pulled, or academics?
Jordan Stanton - 3-star ILB, only other offer is Portland St.
Carzell Vickers - 2-star WR; appears to be open, also offers from CSU and San Diego St.
Lewis Washington - 2-star ATH, was said to be down to New Mexico or CSU, but no decision as of yet
Kendall Washington - S from TX; appears to be open, also offers from AF and WSU
Zach Witchett - 3-star WR, committed to Georgia, they pulled offer; appears to be a major headcase with disciplinary issues, also has offers from Maryland, Toledo, and WVU

No shot - will commit elsewhere:
Terry Bell - wants to go to FSU, but they may not have room for him; has about 20 other BCS options, may go to Florida if they offer
Jacoby Brissett - stud 4-star QB, down to Florida, Miami, and the f'ing red menace from east of the St. Croix
Carlos Carvajal - decent, tall 3-star TE with multiple BCS offers; discipline has been an issue, apparently wants to go to Memphis for some reason
Giles Chapman - rumor is that staff pulled offer after Gardener commit; appears to be down to Illinois, SMU, and Stanford
Junior Osunde (OV 1/7) - former Gopher commit, appears that the law is forcing him to attend school in the state of Texas
Leilon Willingham - we have no shot, he has a list of 6 finalists; my guess is Michigan

I would assume we will not see anymore commitments, but if we did, it would be one of the dozen players listed in the first group.

Wow, thanks a lot for putting this together!

Jacoby Brissett to Wisky makes little sense to me... Not sure why a dual threat QB with a blue chip arm would want to hand the ball off 65 times a game for the BADgers?

The better question is, why would anyone ever in the history of college football want to play for the Madison Beckies?

The better question is, why would anyone ever in the history of college football want to play for the Madison Beckies?

Maybe because they own Minny and have been to 4 rose bowls in my life time? When was the last time Minny finished above 4-4 in the Big10?

He is going to Miami. There is little doubt around recruiting circles now.

Maybe because they own Minny and have been to 4 rose bowls in my life time? When was the last time Minny finished above 4-4 in the Big10?

You're so clever, Becky. We're so insignificant that you spend all of your non-dead-deer-molesting time trolling around your big brother's fan website.

Sorry, bud, but Becky doesn't own Minny. Maybe if you looked at the head-to-head records and the differences between the two programs' accomplishments you would know that.

Shoo, fly.

Sorry, bud, but Becky doesn't own Minny. Maybe if you looked at the head-to-head records and the differences between the two programs' accomplishments you would know that.

Shoo, fly.

IALTO! Thank God for the '30s!

IALTO! Thank God for the '30s!

And the '40s and '60s, two more decades where Goldy owned Becky.

The funny thing is that Wisconsin still trails by 6 overall despite going 14-2 over the last 16. But oh, that's right - Wisconsin football didn't exist before 1993.

Despite playing football for 121 years, and for over 1,100 games, Becky has still never won a national title. I mean, that's just pathetic. People call the Cubs the "lovable losers", but at least they have actually won something, even if it was over a century ago.

You just have to ask yourself one question. Which is better - to have once been relevant or to never have been relevant at all?

Do you carcass humping skunks enjoy losing to Ginger QBs? I'd like to introduce you to Max Shortell!

Time for you to go back to humpin' dead deer and your Mike McCarthy poster 24/7. It's down, down, down, for the Budgies and Bart Bulimia............................

Minnesota, Six National Titles
Wisconsin and Iowa, 0

Brissett to Florida.

Apparently his mom isn't letting him fax his LOI until Monday because she wants to try and convince him to go to Miami... At least she hasn't forged his signature, yet.

Apparently his mom isn't letting him fax his LOI until Monday because she wants to try and convince him to go to Miami... At least she hasn't forged his signature, yet.

That is extremely unexpected. If he wants early playing time, Florida is not the place to be. I can understand not attending Wisconsin because they are a heavy running based team, but Florida has the #1 QB in this class already locked up. Interesting to say the least.

Thanks for putting the initial list together. I hate to generalize, but in most cases when an athlete has no visits on his profile at this stage in the recruiting cycle, there are red flags like grades or discipline. I suspect any new additions to the Gopher class will be from names whe haven't even heard of (like the recruit in this weekend).

According to ESPN Witchett doesn't have a gopher offer anymore.

Top Bottom