Rivals Ranks Recruiting by Position

We see all the positions by ranking but what about ACT by positions?:p

If I read that right, we did a lot better than I thought we did.

If I read that right, we did a lot better than I thought we did.

Boy, you must have thought we really stunk at first then, cuz I'm not impressed at all by that. Big whoop, we tied for 2nd at WR. I know, I know, give Kill time. I really thought we had some good gets at OL though, I thought we'd be higher there.

Just to see how those subjective rankings relate as a whole, I compiled the 10 groupings to get an overall rating. I treated each ranking number as one point, so where Minnesota was tied for 2nd at WR with Michigan State and Northwestern, all three schools received 2 points.

As expected Ohio State is clearly ahead of the other Big 10 programs. Purdue clearly struggled, and I was surprised to see Penn State grouped with Minnesota, Indiana and Northwestern.

1. Ohio State (39)
2. Nebraska (48)
3. Michigan State (53)
4. Michigan (55)
5. Iowa (58)
6. Wisconsin (61)
7. Illinois (63)
8. Minnesota (71)
9. Indiana (72)
10. Penn State (72)
11. Northwestern (73)
12. Purdue (84)

Boilers

Purdue's class is very small so it's not really an apples to apples comparison. Depsite the small class their signees average more BCS and Big Ten offers than Minnesota, Indiana, and Northwestern - and that's after losing a stud QB to Michigan at the last minute and the whole AJ King fiasco - who incidently landed at Western Michigan but has yet to qualify. Hmmm.

Purdue's class is very small so it's not really an apples to apples comparison. Depsite the small class their signees average more BCS and Big Ten offers than Minnesota, Indiana, and Northwestern - and that's after losing a stud QB to Michigan at the last minute and the whole AJ King fiasco - who incidently landed at Western Michigan but has yet to qualify. Hmmm.

All these different ways to look at a recruiting class really don't show the whole picture, plus this is one guy's (Mike Farrell) analysis of the class. For the positions Purdue did recruit well, he did rank them around 5th or 6th in the Big Ten.

Top Bottom