Rivals ranks Minnesota's Top 10 players...

Quite a few of the top Minnesota players haven't been evaluated yet. I'm sure that list will change.

Yeah, I think starting after Nelson it could go a lot of different ways. I will say that Webb not being in the top 10 seems pretty glaring to me. I think he should be right by Will Johnson and Nelson.

Looks good, based on the players they have evaluated.

Once all the evaluations are done, Rallis (guessing 5.5-5.6) and Williams (guessing 5.5) will push Roullier and Carroll out of the top 10. I could also see some combination of A. Ford, A. Larson, Dunbar, and Michaelson pushing Harden and Leidner off the list as well.

(1) Surprised Maxx Williams and Nick Rallis aren't ranked.

(2) I see Western Michigan has offered Jonathon Harden, which clearly means we will offer him shortly.

(3) Nice to see young Carroll getting some props.

(4) I agree with the posters above who believe this list could change a lot in the next few months.

I find it very interesting but strange that both Maxx Williams and Nick Rallis are on the Dick Butkus’s 51 watch list and are not even graded yet. Also, Nick Davidson will be on the list once he shows up as an Eden Prairie student.

Webb was ranked a 5.3 by rivals surprisingly...considering there was so much hype surrounding him going into his senior season I wonder if it was, well, a case of being over-hyped. However, I definitely think Max Williams and Nick Rallis are very glaring omissions.

I find it very interesting but strange that both Maxx Williams and Nick Rallis are on the Dick Butkus’s 51 watch list and are not even graded yet. Also, Nick Davidson will be on the list once he shows up as an Eden Prairie student.

Davidson is on the list at #2. If we get 2-4, this is the best in-state class in a long time.

Webb was ranked a 5.3 by rivals surprisingly...considering there was so much hype surrounding him going into his senior season I wonder if it was, well, a case of being over-hyped. However, I definitely think Max Williams and Nick Rallis are very glaring omissions.

Oh wow....i'm surprised by that.

Well, I am certainly not an expert but I have a hard time believing that there are 10 kids in the state of MN better than Webb, but I don't know anything.

Williams and Rallis are obviously omissions though.

They haven't rated Williams and Rallis yet. They'll be on there.

Davidson is on the list at #2. If we get 2-4, this is the best in-state class in a long time.

I would definitely in a heart beat take him over Pirsig, but he is a definite ACC lean at this point. Pirsig may have a lot of potential, but Davidson is an animal.

Bob_loblaw, yea I was really surprised when they graded him out at a 5.3 because his youtube video was pretty impressive. However, I think he is made more impressive by the competition that he is up against. If he had to go up against talent in Florida every Friday, where they really have fast athletes, I think he would be shown up a bit. Most DB's in Florida, even the average ones, look outstanding on tape.

I would definitely in a heart beat take him over Pirsig, but he is a definite ACC lean at this point. Pirsig may have a lot of potential, but Davidson is an animal.

Bob_loblaw, yea I was really surprised when they graded him out at a 5.3 because his youtube video was pretty impressive. However, I think he is made more impressive by the competition that he is up against. If he had to go up against talent in Florida every Friday, where they really have fast athletes, I think he would be shown up a bit. Most DB's in Florida, even the average ones, look outstanding on tape.

Yeah, I don't know much about Davidson and I think Pirsig is a bit of a project. I think Pirsig's potential is through the roof but from his clips (all i've ever seen), he doesn't seem to be a finished product. I'd still love to have him on board because like I said, his potential is as possible.

That's a good point JackiO. Maybe it's just hard for me to "grade" skill players from MN because there aren't as many of them. Webb plays in the best conference in MN and you make a good point about it not being full of skill players like conferences in FL, but it's still pretty good football.

I think Hayes could end up passing Will Johnson, and in no way is that a knock on Will just a compliment to Isaac's talent.

I think Davidson is looking for a Stanford offer. The one thing we have going for us is that he (and his Dad the Viking coach) LOVE fishing.

Sorry about that. I guess my wife is right that I need to get my eyes examined. I just thought she was hiding things from me.:)

Top Bottom