Rivals Ranking Updates - FWIW

Bisker82

Death From Above
Reaction score
Rivals now has D. Anyanwu, Plsek, & D. Travis all rated as 3 stars (5.5 average for all 3). They still show the Gophs as rated last out of the B1G schools. I, for one, am pretty pumped with this class. I think Kill & Co. are getting a lot of the players they targeted to fit their system. I know the results won't show right away, but it definitely lends some hope for the future.

On a side note, I see they have Robert Gregory listed as "High" interest for the Gophers and "Medium" interest for Purdue; any one else have any other insight on him? That would be a nice get to finish the class off, IMO.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Robert-Gregory-112400

Actually, Illinois is now ranked last, for whatever that's worth.

The rivals page is showing Gregory not even holding an offer from Purdue. Is that correct?

I'll be extremely happy with the offensive recruits if we can add 1-2 receivers before signing day (McDonald, Miller, or Gregory). It's hard not to be excited with the potential of the recruits on offense, I don't know when we've had a better class on paper? Maybe 2008, but we had 0 O-line recruits that year and with this class we got 2 of our top targets (Pirsig, Hayes).

Defense appears to be the wild card. Hinojosa and Moss were the only 2 players with some national attention, so we'll have to see how everything pans out.

Top Bottom