Rivals 2011 Team Recruiting Rankings

Schnoodler

Ice Cream Abuser
Reaction score
They're up. Did I miss a thread on this?

Rivals 2011 Team Rankings

Quick recap.

Ohio State #5
Michigan State #22
Iowa #30
Michigan #31
Minnesota #34
Indiana #44
Northwestern #51

Penn state oddly with only four recruits so far. We know that'll change.

nice to see wisconsin not even on the radar ;)

That's good to see.

I really think Brewster is looking at a different strategy this year with recruiting. He appears to be looking for solid depth rather than game changers--- 13 commits, of which I think 10 or 11 are 3-star caliber, per Rivals.

I'm not sure if I agree with it--- But, that said, I'll take 20 3-star guys over 10 4-star guys and a bunch of walk-ons.

What's with Stanford. They have 3 4* RB recruits so far.

Brew may be waiting to to push pending our showing against USC.

Yeah, Wisconsin's class is a mess. 11 recruits, 1 4-star, 9 3-stars, and a guy Rivals hasn't evaulated. Only a 2.81 star average.

I think justthefacts is what the board here would call a "troll", but you are right. Wisconsins class is very solid again. You all will call me nuts, but there is not one recruiting class Brewster has brought in (at Minnesota) that I would want to swap as a UW fan. Since there is an insane amount of hate toward UW on this board, most of you would rather die than admit that UW's recruiting the last 4-5 years has been better than it ever has been in the history of the program. I remember the year Brewster was hired, or the 2nd year, Schnoodler had some home made formula correlating Rivals recruit rankings and that team's record. I think the last three years the Badgers were supposed to tank and start the permanent decline to the bottom of the B10. I'm not one to boast, but I think Bielema has a little better idea of who he needs on his team to be competitive. And with the youth of the current UW team, I don't see UW starting their permanent decline next season either.

Gopher fans won't admit it, but Bret Bielema has proven to be a very good coach and recruiter.

I hate to agree with the Wisconsin fan but he's right. We are quick to bash Wisconsin and last year was suppose to be the demise of their team. Instead they had a really good season. I want us to beat Wisconsin and have a better record, but our bashing of them is laughable when they beat us every year and have a better team.

I hate to agree with the Wisconsin fan but he's right. We are quick to bash Wisconsin and last year was suppose to be the demise of their team. Instead they had a really good season. I want us to beat Wisconsin and have a better record, but our bashing of them is laughable when they beat us every year and have a better team.

You always have to weight a team recruiting strength based on experience. Thus the recruiting class 5 years ago has a bigger impact than last years recruiting class.

Wisconsin has been a better team in that regard. It is incorrect to say that we are as strong as they are, and therefore should be as good as them.

They also have an advantage that they have an established program which also gives them an advantage. It elevates every players skillset. Our program has lacked the consistency to elevate ours, hopefully that problem is at an end.

We have two tasks, the first is to recruit a better team, the second is to create a consistent program. We are doing both. Patience. It will happen.

Top Bottom