Ritchie Incognito is starting for da Raiders

Big boy is back
He started most of the season last year after serving his brief suspension to start the season. When he's right mentally, he's still one of the best interior OL in the league, the Raiders are lucky to have him. If/when Trent Brown is healthy, the Raiders have one of the best OL in the league right now. Very, very good.

Defense still a major work in progress, despite all the new blood. Maybe they get it together as the season goes on

Daniel Carlson hammers a 54 yarder to put away the Saints.
Thanks, Zimmer.
Carlson had a few speed bumps last year after being fantastic for the remainder of the season that the Vikings dumped him but the for the most part since joining the Raiders he's been really really good.

I don't know if kicking it there is the right call or not; it's definitely the call of an offensive HC and not that of a defensive HC (Zimmer punts that ball every day of the week). I know one thing though. When you put that much faith in your kicker and he delivers, that shoots his confidence through the ROOF from this day forward.

Happy to see the young man doing well after a change of scenery!!

Carlson had a few speed bumps last year after being fantastic for the remainder of the season that the Vikings dumped him but the for the most part since joining the Raiders he's been really really good.

I don't know if kicking it there is the right call or not; it's definitely the call of an offensive HC and not that of a defensive HC (Zimmer punts that ball every day of the week). I know one thing though. When you put that much faith in your kicker and he delivers, that shoots his confidence through the ROOF from this day forward.

Happy to see the young man doing well after a change of scenery!!
At first, I didn't like the call to kick it. But as one of the announcers pointed out, Drew Brees can tie or beat you with an 85-yard drive about as easily as he can with a 55-yard drive, so why not try and put the game away right there. I've been a Raider fan since they were in LA, so I'm optimistic about things going forward. Like you said though, defense still has lots of work to do.

Ope! Ritchie got hurt. Ogee, thanks for the great response!

Top Bottom