RIP M. Emmet Walsh

first of Walsh's roles that really caught my eye were Dickie Dunn in "Slap Shot," and then in '78, playing an A-hole Parole officer in the drama "Staight Time."

but when you look at the entire filmography, you realize how many good movies this guy turned up in.
Serpico - Ordinary People - Reds - Blade Runner - Silkwood - Blood Simple - The Pope of Greenwich Village - Back to School - Raising Arizona - Clean and Sober - etc.

and I had forgotten that he played Barry Allen's father in the 1990 TV series "The Flash."

first of Walsh's roles that really caught my eye were Dickie Dunn in "Slap Shot," and then in '78, playing an A-hole Parole officer in the drama "Staight Time."

but when you look at the entire filmography, you realize how many good movies this guy turned up in.
Serpico - Ordinary People - Reds - Blade Runner - Silkwood - Blood Simple - The Pope of Greenwich Village - Back to School - Raising Arizona - Clean and Sober - etc.

and I had forgotten that he played Barry Allen's father in the 1990 TV series "The Flash."
Even recently he found a bit part in a really good movie, Knives Out.

In Back to School he played the diving coach to Rodney and his kid.

Top Bottom