Ridiculous!!!!!!!

josh087

Sharing Common Sense & Reality
Reaction score
With Wisconsin coming in at 4-0, and with a favorable schedule this season, it is likely they will finish with an above .500 regular season record.

The thought crossed my mind - when was the last time we beat a Big Ten team at home that finished the regular season with an above .500 record? Not a winning CONFERENCE record, just an overall winning record.

I was looking back at the historical archives on ericthrall.com, and found the answer - Michigan State, in.......2001! 2001!!!!! Are you kidding me? Even worse, you have to go back to 1998 (Michigan State) to find the previous home win over a team with a .500+ regular season record, and 1993 (Wisconsin) before that!

That's three home wins over Big Ten Teams with winning records in 15 years!!! Absolutely pathetic.

With the first Big Ten Game ever at TCF on Saturday - here's hoping this turns around in a big way. However, I wouldn't mind if we beat Wisky and they go into a tailspin and end up with a 4-8 overall record.

With Wisconsin coming in at 4-0, and with a favorable schedule this season, it is likely they will finish with an above .500 regular season record.

The thought crossed my mind - when was the last time we beat a Big Ten team at home that finished the regular season with an above .500 record? Not a winning CONFERENCE record, just an overall winning record.

I was looking back at the historical archives on ericthrall.com, and found the answer - Michigan State, in.......2001! 2001!!!!! Are you kidding me? Even worse, you have to go back to 1998 (Michigan State) to find the previous home win over a team with a .500+ regular season record, and 1993 (Wisconsin) before that!

That's three home wins over Big Ten Teams with winning records in 15 years!!! Absolutely pathetic.

With the first Big Ten Game ever at TCF on Saturday - here's hoping this turns around in a big way. However, I wouldn't mind if we beat Wisky and they go into a tailspin and end up with a 4-8 overall record.

Paste...we beat Wisconsin (7-6) 37-34, on 11/08/2003 at the HumpDome.

Ah - my bad DP. Missed one. The Badgers finished the 2003 regular season 7-5 and lost their bowl game.

Still - only four home wins in 15 years over Big Ten teams with a winning record.

Ohio State 1981

That was truly the last time we beat a team at home that finished above .500
overall.

I do not count the games at the Dome as being "home" games.

Ah - my bad DP. Missed one. The Badgers finished the 2003 regular season 7-5 and lost their bowl game.

Still - only four home wins in 15 years over Big Ten teams with a winning record.

That is precisely why we fired the last coach and hired the current coach! Thank you for pointing that out. Let's hope the current coach changes that trend. I like where he is taking this team!

More obscure brilliance from josh087. How does he come up with this stuff.

I am brilliant. DP and Sprenger are left in my wake.

BTW - many of you Gopherholers tend to hate on Dpodoll68. I have been meaning to post this for some time. DP is a true Gopher fan, and is extremely knowledgeable about the game of football. He played the game, coached the game, and is eztremely intelligent about the game and in life in general.

He may come across to some on this board the wrong way, but he wants the best for the U and is simply trying to incorporate some reality into this board, which I appreciate very much.

P.S. - The Sports Ace, as a former validictorian of Lakeville HS, is also brilliant. That is all.

Awesome post

Mason brought us to bowls but he really didn't beat anyone worthwhile to get there, that is why I support Brewster, I think he can help us actually beat good teams.

which is why he isn't on my ignore list. I just wish he'd quit attacking pro gopher supporters.

Top Bottom