Rick Barnes, really?

dayjoh

Reaction score
From ESPN the Magazine:

"We would love to win a national championship, but we are not obsessed with it because we're obsessed with these guys trying to live their NBA dream."

Endearing yourself to recruits much?

Yikes, if the coach of my favorite team ever said that I would be pissed. It's not like Texas alumni are ubiquitous in the NBA. Durant and Aldridge are the only two that I can think of that are All Star level.

This is what high profile coaches who haven't won national championships say. I'd be shocked if Izzo, Self, Coach K, Roy, Calhoun, Tubby, Boeheim, etc. feel this way.

Go Gophers!!

Yikes, if the coach of my favorite team ever said that I would be pissed. It's not like Texas alumni are ubiquitous in the NBA. Durant and Aldridge are the only two that I can think of that are All Star level.

I would be be pissed to if Painter said that. But to your point NDUM Texas also has T.J. Ford, D.J Augustin, A.J.Abrahms, Daniel Gibson thats a pretty good list. Also on there roster right now there are a handful of NBA players like Bradley, Hamliton, James, and Pittman. That is a pretty good list. Anyway I still would be pissed off if I was a Texas fan I would what a National Championship.

I would be be pissed to if Painter said that. But to your point NDUM Texas also has T.J. Ford, D.J Augustin, A.J.Abrahms, Daniel Gibson thats a pretty good list. Also on there roster right now there are a handful of NBA players like Bradley, Hamliton, James, and Pittman. That is a pretty good list. Anyway I still would be pissed off if I was a Texas fan I would what a National Championship.

AJ Abrams plays in Greece, so apparently Barnes didn't succeed in getting him into the NBA.

Ford has been an average NBA player, though I'll give him a pass due to the injuries.

Augustin had a solid rookie year but has regressed, Gibson is a decent bench role player.

Top Bottom